I suggest you ...

Create segments to include large lists of zip codes instead of ranges

Using a range isn't precise enough. Pasting a comma separated value list or importing an XML to the rule logic would help. The goal would be to create segments for each of the shipping zones from our warehouse to custom message customers of when our shipping cutoff dates and times are for their specific mailing address for the holiday season. GeoIP is not exact enough either.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brandon PortnoffBrandon Portnoff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've also come across this issue. We mail customers local to our stores based on a drive time from our postcode, GeoIP with mileage isn't accurate enough.

It would be excellent to have the ability to import a list or manually create a statement (IF POSTCODE CONTAINS x OR x OR x...) to produce the segment.

Copying/pasting each postcode individually into the segment builder is a long old task.

• Jon MorganJon Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bumping this one. We just joined Bronto and while I love just about everything else, this is one thing that I feel is a hinderance. We are a southern California business that targets SoCal addressees for our local events. I have a list of 60+ zip codes that currently have to be setup across 3 separate segments. Then when we send the email, we send it to all three segments. I'm definitely glad that a workaround like this exists but it sure would be nice to expand the segments to allow more than 20 values.

Feedback and Knowledge Base