I suggest you ...

Let unique ID be assigned to data other than email address

Let unique ID be assigned to data other than email address. We have members and would like to use their membership ID number. Unique emails work until someone changes their email outside of Bronto and then you have one person that Bronto thinks are two different contacts. Contact list gets junky.

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin DollKevin Doll shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MariaPMariaP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to see this in place!
        Hopefully we'll also be able to merge some of those duplicate contacts when this is available.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely looking forward to this one. We're using our own ID per account which would definitely help. In settings allow to chose which of the existing fields should be treated as UID.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help a lot. We have customers that share email addresses, so only one person can be added to the list.

• NelsonNelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that make unique key a combination of different fields,
        eg.. EmailAddress + Contactlist.

or EmailAddress + Account

or even a completely Unique Identifier that will allow us to have multiple email address on different list with different accounts.

• Mary Ka PowersMary Ka Powers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! As a distributor who markets to companies, not individuals, we are more interested in a Dealer ID than an particular email address due to people coming in going in the company.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Similar problems arise since we allow users to have multiple accounts under a single email address. We are stuck sending only one user's data in fields, and it leads to a number of service issues.

Feedback and Knowledge Base