I suggest you ...

Delivery pause and contine with content replacement capability

There should be an option to pause a mailing, save new HTML into the message, and then resume the send where it left off seamlessly.

In spite of our efforts to test messages thoroughly, we have found problems shortly after sending out an email a couple times. Our messages are generally sent over a number of hours, so the option to stop the mailing, save the fixed content and send that version to the remaining recipients is there. Without a built in feature to do that, however, we are put into a difficult position. As we generally send out at least 3, often 6, and as many as 12 versions of a given message, creating new messages and segments based on the original lists, but suppressing those who have already been mailed, introduced a lot of room for error.

It would be much safer and quicker to be able to pause a delivery, overwrite the content used in it, and then resume it without the need for a separate message or segment/mailing list to be created. That would be a very valuable feature enhancement for us and I imagine many of your other clients would feel the same way.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ryan DRyan D shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jennifer H.Jennifer H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a super useful feature and it would be wonderful if you could put this in place! I used StrongMail before, and they had this feature. There are many instances when this would be helpful: if our site is temporarily down and we need to pause the send (to be resumed later); if the subject line needs to be immediately modified; if the content needs to be immediately modified; etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base