I suggest you ...

Date Ranges In Reports

Optional start and end dates for all reports. Particularly important for ongoing triggered messages and potentially useful when viewing any data.

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ryan DRyan D shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Joe SchaeferJoe Schaefer shared a merged idea: tracking  ·   · 
    LyndaKLyndaK shared a merged idea: Reporting by Message option  ·   · 
    AndreasAndreas shared a merged idea: Have a report showing TOTAL SALES by specific date range regardless of the campaign. It's ELEMENTARY  ·   · 
    Kory JazbecKory Jazbec shared a merged idea: Search by Date Range & Add to Delivery group  ·   · 

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jesse PJesse P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need the ability to constrain the metrics of a specific delivery report to a time frame. Currently, when viewing a report for a specific delivery, you can only see the lifetime stats, which skews the results the further past the original send date. We'd like to look back at an old delivery, but view the stats within 28 days of the send date. That would be tremendously useful for fair comparative analysis. Thanks!

• Joel LernerJoel Lerner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is completed.
        To run this type of report go to Reports > Delivery Group > All Deliveries > Start Date to End Date.
        If this isnt what you wanted just comment.

• Ryan NgoRyan Ngo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone know the correct link to the advanced filtering?

Is this functionality turned on?

• BrontoAdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just recently released Advanced Filtering into Bronto Labs, giving you the ability to apply a date range on the All Deliveries page. This is just the beginning so to learn more about how it functions and our plans to evolve this feature while it's in Labs, check out our blog post:

http://community.bronto.com/blog/new-bronto-labs-advanced-filtering

Thanks!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to Brad's request, I would love to see date range filters on the Delivery Groups overview page..mail/deliverygroup/index/

This would save me a couple of hours/month.

• ClaireClaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - this would be very helpful. Companies have different fiscal periods and things they report on, the flexibility would be great.

• Ryan DRyan D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That helps, but is not as useful as the ability to apply date ranges to individual message reports. Right now we are making delivery groups out of multiple messages, which makes sense. In order to get fine resolution on the life cycle of individual messages, we would need to also make delivery groups on those individual messages, which is cumbersome. Unless I am misunderstanding something.

• BrontoAdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be accomplished by adding the deliveries to a delivery group. The delivery group will then provide the total revenue for all deliveries associated with that group. We are adding functionality that will allow you to filter a delivery group on a specified date range. With this functionality you will be able to utilize the "All Deliveries" default delivery group instead of having to create a custom delivery group.

We are working to implement date range filtering on delivery groups. This would allow you to add a date range filter to any of the default (All Deliveries, Marketing Deliveries, Transactional Deliveries) delivery groups or custom delivery groups.

• Greg SquiresGreg Squires commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. Please enable transactional email data in message reporting. Currently says "Reports currently exclude transactional messages"

• Cynthia QuoCynthia Quo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Chris - If you add the message to the delivery group, it adds all deliveries of that message, past and future to the group. Yes, you can then download and deal with the data in Excel, but we, for example, have tens of thousands of deliveries for any given transactional message, and it just keeps growing. Wading through that data over and over in Excel is just way more work than we want to do on a regular basis. Seems like a date range limit would be simple for Bronto to implement and very beneficial to their users.

• Chris BChris B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the meantime, wouldn't it be easier to just add the MESSAGE to a delivery group so that all deliveries go to the group? Do this from the Delivery Group and it grabs all the deliveries and then you remove some if you need to. Then when you export the report to Excel, sort by delivery date and pull them out by the date range you want.

• Cynthia QuoCynthia Quo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like date ranges are a big problem - I have seen at least 3 different postings suggesting date range selection for reporting, search, etc. It would be great if the 'Bronto Gods' would evaluate the desire for date ranges by combining the interest expressed in these similar yet slighly different suggestions.

• KeithKeith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue - I have to go through and individually check dozens, if not more than one hundred, messages. Another idea to solve this would be the ability to highlight all the messages you want in a group, then just check those that have been selected.

• Tim ChinTim Chin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto the frustration here. It's tiresome finding a work-around to get a week's worth of data. Or having to download 10,000 rows of data to get 7 days worth.

• HeatherHeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I have been struggling with this feature or lack thereof for a while now. Evaluating our transactional and triggered email data is very important and useful to understand effectiveness as well as the bottom line ROI of these emails.

• AndreasAndreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of right now, we cannot create a report that shows total revenue by month or week. If I want to measure our email performance week over week, I have to select each campaign during the last 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, that will not give me the total amount of sales because orders from email being sent 2 months ago will not be recorded.

This type of report MUST BE built in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!!! Please

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base