I suggest you ...

Iphone App

A Customer would like to request that an Iphone app be made available for managing their Bronto account.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lucas WeberLucas Weber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kelton HoganKelton Hogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely be good for checking the reporting and message overview metrics. I too would like to check it from my phone when I'm away from the office or on vacation. Mobile optimized or app, really doesn't matter to me.

• Jon MorganJon Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My guess is that the iPhone user probably wants the reporting and such while the more techie Android user would want more editing and configuration options. I'm with the Android crowd but I can't imagine trying to manage lists, workflows, message editing, advanced contact management, etc. via my phone or tablet. No thanks. I'll grab my laptop for that. So I guess, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, I would side with the iPhone crowd. Reports, Basic Message Management (Schedule/Stop), Basic Contact Management, and Account Overview (Billing, Usage, etc)

• Chris MorganChris Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

haven't checked out other email marketing apps, but i would love just some basic features: billing, usage, deliverability reports. When i have email campaigns going on, I'm always curious to know how they're doing when I'm away from the office. Many times, I'll log in on my phone to pull the delivery report, but obviously an app would make this easier to do so.

• Frederick OliverFrederick Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feature wise I suspect you'd have to include everything in the MailChimp and BlueSky apps plus one, just so you can say Bronto's app is more robust. I'd like that one to be Agency Level compatibility so i can access all my sub-accounts but don't have to add each one manually.

• HeatherHeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to state that an Android App be made available as well! Thanks I completely agree with the comment from 2/23.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the app as well for being able to review data (including lists, how many are on a list, etc), especially if you are asked for information in a meeting. Also, with message scheduling or stopping. I don't think there's a need for the ability to create a message via the app

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see no need for an app, just a mobile optimized website to see email statistics.

• cendicottcendicott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Preston, you are correct. I would mainly use the app for scheduling/stopping deliveries, viewing message reports, and reviewing/approving messages.

• JennaJenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Message monitoring and scheduling / stopping deliveries would be my top uses of an App... If sending a message is dependent on someone else's decision, you wouldn't have to wait by a computer to send it. You would be able to send it while traveling, shopping, eating out, etc.

• Brad GurleyBrad Gurley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As for using an app to add contacts to your list, you could actually already do that by simply creating a webform and accessing it on your mobile device. You could even have a form that is specific to your iPhone/iPad and have it bookmarked, so you could access it with a single click.

• Kelly LorenzKelly Lorenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dave - Also check out Mail Chimp and Blue Sky Factory that offer iPhone/iPad apps for reporting as well as list addition.

• Mike BecakMike Becak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least:

- Message reporting (How did my email do?)
        - Message scheduling (I forgot to send that email!)
        - Message stopping (Oh no!)

Going a step further, an iphone or ipad app for email capture would be very useful. Let's say I'm at a craft fair with a ton of our members. I fire up this app and they can enter their email addresses to subscribe to our emails.

• Dave MasonDave Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a hard time figuring out which features would be in an iphone app - If you would like to vote for this, it would be helpful if you would add a comment and describe how you would want to use it - and maybe give a sense of how important it is versus it just being kinda cool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base