Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delivery pause and contine with content replacement capability

There should be an option to pause a mailing, save new HTML into the message, and then resume the send where it left off seamlessly.

In spite of our efforts to test messages thoroughly, we have found problems shortly after sending out an email a couple times. Our messages are generally sent over a number of hours, so the option to stop the mailing, save the fixed content and send that version to the remaining recipients is there. Without a built in feature to do that, however, we are put into a difficult position. As we generally send out at…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I understand the desire for this feature, it is not something we are planning to implement at this time. Once a delivery has been stopped, it is removed from the queue and cannot be restarted. Sorry to disappoint!

2. Support A/B Test Remails

Allow A/B test to be sent more than once via the remail function.
    Currently, using the remail option on A/B test messages only sends only One of the messages (A, B or X) in the remail, rather than actually remailing the multi-message test. The process of 'manually' creating segments for the recipients of the original splits, copying the original messages, and scheduling all of those messages individually in order to do a multi-send A/B/X test is a very time consuming and error prone task.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Modify "Send Email Immediately" Feature

The "Send Immediately" feature does not stand out enough from the "Schedule a Send" feature. We have had several accidental immediate deployments and this is a big issue as there is not much time to QC for the error and stop the deployment.

Can you offer the option to remove the feature completely from the interface?

OR

Can you add a BIG RED pop-up that asks the user if they are SURE they want to deploy immediately?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sending: add seed list that goes out with first batch

We have a 'seed list' for almost every bulk email we do. This is a list of employees/partners of our company that need to get a copy of the email whenever it goes out. Currently, we need to create a separate send to this list to ensure that it goes out when the delivery begins, rather than randomly during the x-hour throttle period. It would be nice to be able to 'Select seed list:' and include a list of contacts that will get the email when the delivery is first started.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different criteria for Champion / Challenger Splits

When we do A/B testing if we select Champion/Challenger as an option, we aren't allowed to designate the Champion by clickthroughs... it automatically selects the winner by opens. It would be nice if we could choose the criteria we wanted to report on.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Champion/Challenger by definition does not select a winner for you. It has no final winning group and the testing versions send to all recipients in your target groups. Many of our customers use it for a 50/50 test or to try sending on different days. The reporting will indicate which of your versions had a higher open rate, but it is not indicating a winner, nor does this mean that version was treated any differently. If you want to have open or click rate taken into consideration when testing content you will need to use the A/B Winner split option.

6. Ability to resend transactional message

We need a way to resend a transactional message previously sent by Bronto.

Customers call CS because either their inbox was full, or they erroneously deleted the order confirm message.

I want to be able to
    - go into all contacts
    - find contact
    - click history
    - identify missing email
    - click the "resend" icon to resend this message

Second, I'd like to be able to modify a recipient's email address (some people can't type msn.com or aol.com) and then trigger a resend

Right now, I would have to get whoever/whatever triggered the message to trigger a new message…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While this is something we would love to implement, unfortunately it is not currently possible due to how we store the temporary API data. Hopefully this is something that can change in the future, but it is not something we can implement now.

7. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to limit the number dynamic content blocks that can be sent in a particular email

We have a potential of 18 contenet blocks for each email however we only want users to receive 5 eeven if they have subscribed to receive all 18

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow append of temporary suppression list to an individual send

In Bronto, if you want to suppress a group of contacts from an individual mailing, you have to create a new list, then exclude that list from a mailing. Lyris has found a great solution to reduce the clutter: While you're scheduling a send, you can upload a temporary text or xls file of contacts that should be excluded from that delivery only. The file is never stored in the app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow a way for client to shuffle an email list

It seems that the same people receive the email in the same order every time - we sometimes send limited specials, where stock goes quickly, but throttle them to protect our bandwidth, and we fear the same people on our list are getting shorted every time - meaning an email has been going out over 12 hrs, and they consistently get it in the last minute of the 12th hour and stock is always limited. We would love the ability to shuffle the send to prevent this issue

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add the ability to change the test subject line for every message

We are able to append "test" on subject lines but it would be more beneficial to be able to customize that for every email message. This way you can put an internal code in the subject line or the number of the test you are sending. When you send several tests there is no easy way to know what version of test you are on. Or if the emails are similar it is very hard to tell which one you are looking at. You could change the subject line when you test but that adds in an execution risk as…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Holdback group from Send Message process

Currently, in order to do a holdback analysis, I have to Export my Segment to a List, then split the List (90/10 in my case), and then send to the 90% list. This adds steps and clutters my lists.

Rather, I would like a holdback option within the Send Message options, where I can add a percent of list to exclude from the sending. From there, I should then be able to export them to Lists for downloading and reporting against.

This would simplify the sending process, and shift reporting labor onto the reporting step, and keep the messaging process…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Send newsletters to a specific list

Allow sending of newsletters to a specific list via email like this MailChimp feature (send campaigns via private email message).

http://blog.mailchimp.com/email-beamer-send-campaigns-via-private-email-address/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to recall e-mails

Would it be possible in future to have an option to recall e-mail blasts that have been sent out in error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately this is not up to us. Once an email leaves our system we cannot retrieve it from the recipient’s inbox. If your delivery has not finished sending yet, you can stop it from continuing, but you wouldn’t be able to recall what has already sent.

15. Add a control group functionality. X% of a list or segment to not receive a campaign

In our business we need to keep a 10% control group for every campaign in order to report incremental revenue internally. It would be great to be able to exclude from a send out x% of a list or segment. Currently we need to split the list or copy a segment to a list export, hold the X% and then re-import. Painful. There must be an easier way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have the site inform you, IMMEDIATELY, if you don't have enough credits to send an email, rather than making it seem like it went fine.

We sent a major email campaign last night and, while being informed that we were near our Send Credit limit, were still allowed to send the email with no notification that anything might be amiss. Seeing everything proceed normally, we just assumed that we had "squeaked" in under our remaining Credit allotment, sent the mail and planned to buy more creds the next day.

Well, the mail never DID go through but the site never made mention of this fact at the time. Everything looked normal, even the Delivery Notification that we always receive showed that the message was queued…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. encrypt email

SSL or some way to encrypt emails being sent as we sometimes send sensitive info.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to create (add) new delivery group when creating delivery

When setting up delivery, it would be great to be able to create a delivery group instead of only being able to add the delivery to an existing delivery group. Often times, we won't realize we need to create a delivery group until we are setting up a delivery.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add Reviews as a functionality of the platform.

If Bronto could have a Review App/manager component to it, we feel it would compliment the existing functionality. Reviews are generally requested via email, so it would be great having this all under one roof.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Reply Tracking available for any email address that uses a custom domain

I find it absolutely bizarre that when I have a custom domain with Bronto, in order to use Reply Tracking, the prefix to the from address address has to be my site name (i.e. my-site-name-here@email.mydomainhere.com.) Meaning, I can't have info@email.mydomainhere.com, if I want the replies to be handed by Bronto.

Just think about it...if email.mydomainhere.com is using Bronto's DNS, then by definition all the replies will come to Bronto, regardless of what's in front of the @ sign. So why wouldn't replies be handled?! The answer is that this is how Bronto platform was coded. It's time they…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?
Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base