Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Countdown Timer

It would be nice to have a prebuilt tool that can create countdown timers for us to drag and drop into our messages.

This article at Litmus offers a solution, which, in theory could be set up as an element in the new message builder.

https://litmus.com/community/learning/27-how-to-add-a-countdown-timer-to-your-email

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sort message views on 'revenue', 'transactions' etc.

I've seen similar ideas posted, but this is a quick and easy way to see what's working the best. Really surprising that it's not here. For example, if I have a folder for Clearance emails - instead of digging into the delivery groups, I could quickly see which one performs the best on the basic revenue metrics.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. update social sharing links for more popular networks

in the WYSIWYG editor, the social sharing/swyn button tool is so dated... It has MySpace and Digg as button link inserts... How about adding some other networks that are actually used? (instagram, pinterest, youtube, etc.)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Attachments in emails

We would love to be able to add attachments to emails (for example PDF). We would use this for transactional emails, for example invoices or a PDF with terms and conditions.

For personal documents, such as invoices, we'd rather send the invoice as an attachment than linking to it for security reasons.

At the moment we do not send a part of our transactional emails through Bronto, as we cannot add attachments.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Gmail Feedback Loop

Need to embed a new header called the Feedback-ID, consisting of parameters (called Identifiers) that uniquely identify individual campaigns. Any Identifiers with an unusual spam rate and that might cause deliverability issues will be reported in the Postmaster Tools FBL dashboard

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send out an email alert to admin users when a message is pending approval

Using the message approval feature, where one user has to get approval by an admin before a message can be sent, once the user finishes a message and marks it as needing review, an email alert be sent to all email addresses associated with an admin user (or admin user that the message-creator selects). Then the admin won't have to keep checking in the alerts in the Bronto UI and the sending of messages won't be unnecessarily delayed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ability to send test emails from within editor

It would be really useful if you could add the functionality to send test emails from within the edit email screen as opposed to having to save & exit every time and then send a test email.

If changes are required its slow to have to keep going back into the message each time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add internal 'notes' field to email messages

It would be helpful to have an area in an email message where we can write notes about the it. For example, if we upload an email two weeks prior to it actually being scheduled, we could add a note that says "Remember to update the fourth product link before sending" or "This message will be A/B split-tested with Message XYZ."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase hosting limit

I've used 8+ ESPs and have never run into such a small hosting limit (100mb). Is there a way to increase? 100mb ran out for us in barely a month.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to turn off Bronto tracking for specific links in a message

Bronto swaps in a bronto-specific URL and then redirects that to the correct URL (to our site home page for example). 99.9% of the time this works flawlessly and allows Bronto to track who clicked, etc.

But sometimes this doesn't work, and the new URL breaks. For example, https://wwwapps.ups.com/tracking/tracking.cgi?tracknum=1ZY836770356134400
    turns into the broken link
    http://enews.chromeindustries.com/t/l?ssid=34091&subscriber_id=amwxayisepxehzepideldlsluiyjbfl&delivery_id=anaodpioqrwyjcutcidtsrsckbymbno&td=o6OY2mdBlPrOOoqD9Y6VTgejVwQhLnRSTwRh4SN3I-Gw05heJrcgh8u4gA9VjcEW72MKXhP7odz3T3VrcaUjFzfS-3ePgll0Aookb0TdANj7rFcNrgyfKoXJQE1ehA8NV3w6cLJwVa9AD9MxOjm1PPcEHACAOYoe25qwX9a7YwZgOc3nZwekImMoUfUXYbUu2Q9dcjVrjdZF3XFmcbU3Jt2kW4PzhI15AbcUZByRpbTYrZ1fXjAKu2SkiF0Ws0pLA1bRWZh8HodxM

Would be great to get a screen that would allow you to see all the URLs in your message and uncheck any that you did not want Bronto to track.

In this case, the outbound message would simply contain "https://wwwapps.ups.com/tracking/tracking.cgi?tracknum=1ZY836770356134400

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to exclude message from conversion tracking with simple toggle/radio button

Internally, our company does not track email conversions from pre-purchase transactional emails due to the concern it will attribute orders from other channels to email instead. However, without the ability to turn off conversion tracking for such messages, our promotional and other emails may be losing out on attribution.

Here's an example of what this looks like: We send a promotional email at 6am. At 10am, a subscriber clicks through and shops the site. Before proceeding through checkout, the customer needs to reset her password. Because she must click on a link in that Forgot Password email, the purchase she…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Debug Message Dynamic Code using existing Order / Contact Data

Troubleshooting messages is difficult when the dynamic code fails to work correctly. We have had many major headaches where messages that are sent to the public have missing elements. The Order data is good but the resulting messages are unprofessional at best. There are no easy provisions to reproduce the issue via an on-screen debug or simple 'view existing order' or 'view existing contact' in a message functionality within the message editor. Scope of this should only be for development/support purposes for messages with Dynamic code.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix the thumbnail on the email editor page

The thumbnail preview on the message editor page (/mail/message/view/messageNumber) seldom or never renders with images for me. This thumbnail is important when I'm working on multiple messages and want to avoid editing or scheduling the wrong one.

Please fix it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. when using a multi-column container, it would be great if I could change the background color of each column individually.

When using a multi-column container, it would be great if I could change the background color of each column individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stop the WHYSIWIG from removing TH classes.

I'm an email developer and I've created my own templates and used them across many different ESPs with no issues and it's also been the case that all of my clients have been able to edit the templates within the ESPs WHYSIWIG editor after the HTML has been imported.

A quick overview of the steps I've taken would be:
    - Creating a custom header
    - Creating a custom footer
    - Creating a new message with the HTML option and then switching switching to the WHYSIWIG editor in order for a campaign manager to amend images and links.

Now this works…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better Search

Allow/recognize wildcards or boolean terms in "Contains Search" specifically in All Deliveries.

Search responds to "whole words," but not breaks at non-alphabetic characters. Trying to use a simple code for types of campaigns with alpha's and underscores and Bronto's current search brings back irrelevant results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sort by 'Send Date' in All Messages and Messages subfolders

You can currently only Sort by 'Send Date' in All Deliveries, should be able to sort by Send Date under All Messages and Messages subfolders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In Email Replies, provide previous/next navigation

Within the Email Replies page, when a user clicks on a message, the only navigation is back to the list of all replies. It would be an appreciated usability enhancement to allow navigation to the next (or previous) message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. outlook

Button element (among other things) turn out quite poorly in our EmailonAcid tests for Outlook clients. We understand that Outlook rendering is not optimal using Bronto, but the rendering for the Button elements is quite unacceptable without any/little top and bottom spacing applied to the buttons, also no border radius is applied in major Outlook clients (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016). See image/example attached. Would it be possible to research any solutions/Outlook fixes for the Button element?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set custom <style> tag for Email Message Editor

I would like to set my own <style> tag for Email Message Editor.

I want content managers be able to hit "+ create new message" and for my custom style tag to go in the <head> with out the content manger pasting it into the settings Palette.

(Though I appreciate that option existing though, thank you)

The reason why: I would like to utilize the drag and drop feature as much as possible with the custom content tags too. A content manager going to make emails really should have to touch code. Copy and pasting the correct code will lead…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?
Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base