Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow comma-separated values for segment search

Using a range for zip codes isn't precise enough. Pasting a comma separated value list or importing an XML to the rule logic would help. The goal would be to create segments for each of the shipping zones from our warehouse to custom message customers of when our shipping cutoff dates and times are for their specific mailing address for the holiday season. GeoIP is not exact enough either.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

triaged  ·  12 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Ability to create segments based on data in the product table

It would be great if we could build contact segments off of data in the product table for products purchased by our customers. We are currently only able to build contact segments off of product data that we included with orders, but this means that we are unable to build segments off of custom fields (except for the single "other" order product field).

An example would be if we decided to include a boolean field with our product data upload called "Organic" and then be able to create a segment for all customers that bought an Organic product. We could…

10 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Segment data by a combination of RFM metrics

We need to be able to segment Contacts who have placed 3+ orders in the last 12 months or spend >=£600 in the last 12 months.

This is currently possible using Order data and RFM metrics. Order Count related to lifetime order count and you can't combine it with a custom date range, which is a serious limitation.

I hope this can be implemented quickly, it is a major limitation and the workaround is ugly and cumbersome.

Workaround:
        Create multiple fields on the Contact table to hold OrderCount and OrderTotal for 0-6, 0-12, 0-24, 0-36, 12-24 & 24-36 months. Precalculate…

8 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  4 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Create Segment for Radius from Zip Code, based on Field not GeoIP

I'd like to create a segment and run the same sort of "radius" function that is available in the GeoIP section but in the fields section.

Essentially, I want to be able to select the field Zip Code, then ask for all zip codes in a 50 mile radius instead of having to input in hundreds of individual zip codes.

Hoping this would be something fairly easy to implement since the tech already exists for GeoIP, but would be so helpful for an account like us where the majority of our subscribers have provided a zip code as a field!

7 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  4 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Provide a Save As Feature for Segments

It would be great to have a "Save As" feature for segments. Many times I go into a segment and play around with the criteria. Once I get what I want, it would be nice to save as a new segment. Right now the options are save (which means I would lose my initial segment) and cancel (which means I need to start all over.) This would be a big time saver.

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Segment Export - Include Lists that Contacts are on

When exporting a segment, it currently does not export the lists that a particular contact is on. This information would be helpful, as we have to run a special report from the Manage Contacts screen and cross reference the data (time consuming).

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Add ability to segment text fields containing " " (a space)

Add the possibility to segment text fields that include " " (a space between two words). This is currently not possible (Error: Field must have a value), but would be truly helpful. For instance, we have many customers that put their full name into the first name field. This means we can't send personalized emails to them. "Hi John Smith Jr." doesn't work like "Hi John" does.

4 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Calculate open rate / # sent emails /# open emails / revenue for contacts for specified period

Currently one can only see and use conact metrics metrics (# sent, # open, revenue, open rate) for the 'lifetime' of contact (i.e. whatever period is in bronto). It would be very useful to be able to pull some or all of those metrics for the specified period (date range) or at least for "last X" month/day to be able to calculate more recent metrics and use them in segments or reports.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Segmentation Filtering by Multiple Labels

I would like to see the ability to filter segments by more than one label. I am approaching 300 segments and everything is labeled. If I could filter by 2 labels I could easily get the segment list to under 20 which is much easier to brows than the 130+ I have for one of my labels. I could use search as an added criteria, but the results are not standard enough to provide the grouped results needed.

4 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • 4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add "Never" to Last Open Date criteria

There is no clear way to query for the lack of an open. The segment tool really needs a criteria option for last open date is never to allow for isolating the never opened contacts on our list.

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Expand Segmentation Facets by Order

We're currently not able to segment on more than one facet of an order. For example, we cannot create a segment to pull in anyone who placed 2 or more orders within 45 days. Our only current option is pull in customer who placed 2 or more orders and have placed an order within 45 days (independent of one another).

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Can we have the option to segment based on when a customer was sent a certain delivery?

Currently we can only say was sent a delivery within last x days. If we're wanting to specify a certain delivery we can't do that if they've been sent several deliveries in the last x days.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Compare two contact fields against each other in segments

I would like to build a segment based off of a comparison of two fields in the contact's profile. For example, if the date in Contact Field A is the same date or later than the date in Contact Field B, then add this user to the segment. Currently, I can only compare date fields to a calendar, rather than against other date fields.

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Create Segments based on the last product (SKU, brand, name) purchased

Have ability to create segments by the brand or specific product that a customer last purchased. Not just current functionality of ever purchased.

Example: Customers tend to be loyal to a footwear brand, say Brand A, B, C. We want the ability to send them tailored emails or SMS, to only highlight an offer on the brand they last purchased as it's likely to would repeat purchase that same brand/product.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Include a segment in a segment

I have one master list from that I have segments for 14 brands. It would be nice if I could build a base segment for the 14 brands and use that base segment in other segments. Currently if I make any change to the base part of my criteria I have to go through and edit ever segment for that brand.

As an example for my business:
                                  One main list containing all customers for all 14 brand, some which my cross brands.
                                  Base Segment 1: All Corvette Customers with activity within the last 12 months

Then I could use those…

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to define a generic segment "Did (or did not) receive any emails today"

Currently it is not possible to define such a segment without specifying a delivery or a specific date. It could be potentially doable using a rule "Last send date (not) within the last 0 days" but Bronto does not allow 0 as a value in this rule (only 1+).

This generic segment could be very useful, e.g. when we want to deploy a particular mail second time in the day to an extra group of contacts but want to ensure people do not get the email again (or if we are not sure our segments overlap or not and want…

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Segment Filtering Option when Creating Segments

There have been numerous times where I liked the segment I built, but didn't want it to include elements of another segment. Given the complexity of the other segment, building all of the logic into the new segment; again; wasn't ideal. To add a segment option that allowed you to exclude members of another segment would be great. It would also eliminate the inherent risk that the person who is sending the email remembers to click exclude segment on the sending properties. In the case of my workflow, I, as the manager, build the segments, and others build and execute…

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Show workflows that use a segment

We often run test segments to try out new automation strategies. When time has passed, it's difficult to remember which segments (or which lists) are being actively used by workflows. It would be helpful to see, when opening a segment, a list of the workflows it is assigned to. Also, when deleting a segment, it would be useful to see a warning that "this segment is associated with the following workflows".

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Segment based on number of emails sent

There was a case that was closed 3 years ago for "Segmenting by quantity of emails sent". I am hoping you can take this one step further.

I would like to see Segmenting by quantity of emails sent based on a time range. For example, I want to limit contacts to receiving 2 emails in a 24 hour time period for non-mandatory campaigns. I would like to say "Contact's total sent email is greater than or equal to 2 WITHIN THE LAST 24 HOURS."

This will prevent from email overload to contacts when avoidable.

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base