Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. All Contact Field Sort

Should be able to sort by all the fields in All Contacts

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Date subscribed & unsubscribed as fields, rather than Modified date.

We need to have Dates fields for a contact subscribed & unsubscribed or bounced. Currently, Bronto has all of our contacts for transactional emails as well as promotional. However, when those transactional contacts opt-in we have no idea how many existing contacts opted in recently nor do we know how who unsubscribed recently to try and reengage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use current date as test condition for dynamic content

I would like to test for the current month/date and load dynamic content accordingly. Seems relatively simple but apparently can't be done at present.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RSS FEED: ability to insert a link to the feed automatically when creating a message

When a RSS Feed is created and a message is assigned to it, in order to allow recipients to subscribe to the RSS an icon and hyperlink has to be manually created by grabbing the hyperlink first from the Content --> Feeds page.

Nice to have ability to insert a link to the feed automatically when creating a message. Possibly a list of RSS Feeds that have been created presented in a drop down box to choose from in edit mode. Once selected the icon and link would be inserted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a special tag for a set time after sent date

I know there's a tag for sent date, but it would be nice if we could add a special tag for a set time after that date. For instance, I need to use it to promote specials that expire a day or week after the email is sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Preview for Fields Organization

You can organize the fields so that they show up in the order that you want. It is very confusing on how to set this up and is not user friendly. It would be much easier if there was a "preview" button so you can see what you did, or a drag and drop. Currently you have to figure out where you want things to go. Column 1 in the fields section are the even numbers. Column 2 is the odd numbers. Its not easy to move things around without having to spend a bunch of time on it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow the use of List Field Values to be incorporated into Workflows

I store some of my fields as dates and would like the ability to incorporate these field values into my workflow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Suppress personalization if name is an initial

If a contact has no first name for personalization we can leave it blank or substitute something else in but there should be a way of suppressing/substituting the first name if it is less than two characters long i.e if someone has entered an initial as their first name?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add dynamic code to read a profile's status for use in content tags

add this code to any outgoing transactional email message:

{dynamic_code}{if $Contact.Status eq "unconfirmed"}{literal}%%@MyCustomTag%%{/literal}{/if}{/dynamic_code}

and "MyCustomTag" Content Tag inserts the following code to enable subscription.:

<div> <a href="%%confirm_URL%%"> Really cool HTML custom code here that only shows if the person is UNCONFIRMED</a> </div>

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a special tag called %%!subscribe%% for single-click resubscribe

Create a special tag, similar to the %%!confirm%% tag, which would allow anyone to click on a link in their email and resubscribe with a single click regardless of previous status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something our deliverability team is able to do at this time due to requirements for explicit opt-in. You are welcome to include a link in your messages to your sign-up page or an Add Contact Webform, but the user will need to manually resubscribe. It cannot be done with a one-click from a prior email.

11. Webform check-box

Make it possible to suppress the "&#10003; " from the data submitted by a webform check-box so that only "Yes" or "No" are collected and stored in the contact record. This would make data merging with our system more streamlined.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not currently something we plan to implement or change. The checkbox values currently export as checked/unchecked regardless of how it visually appears on a Webform. If you want to collect and export yes/no values I would recommend switching to a Pulldown Menu or Radio Button.

12. I would like to do an A/B test content in email

I'd like to test different content without having to make separate email messages. I'm also interested in creating a custom url that is a clickable link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time we do not plan to change how A/B Split tests are conducted with different message content. You will need to continue to have two (or more) separate messages. However, if the content between the messages is primarily similar you can create the first and then copy it to make the second without starting from scratch.

13. Field type of timestamp that can be used in workflow and automator

I have more than one job that updates the customer fields. We use automator/workflow to send out a custom email based on these fields. Since I can't used the modified date in the contact record, because mulitple calls could touch that contact, an custom timestamp field would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include a First Name field on the Forward to a Friend form.

I'd like the option to include a First Name field on the Forward to a Friend form. That value would then be used to personalize the forwarded message when the html included %%fname%%.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Message Level Custom Tags

It would be nice to have have a "Message" level Custom Tag. Your template would use a custom tag that pertains to one message only.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable sorting of Email Reply address and/or subject

Client would like to clean up their email replies and want to be able to sort by email address and/or subject to help do so.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow conditional content based on if it is an email sent to a subscriber or a URL that is shared

According to a conversation I had with support, the existing IF statement only tests against [is empty] and only supports custom fields. Bronto fields, such as %%!contact_email%% can't be tested against. (see http://brontoversity.com/2009/06/16/getting-personal-with-your-contacts/ )

I have also been told that %%!unsubscribe_url%% will be blank, as with any other field.

Campaign Monitor has a more intuitive version of the above via the fallback option. (see http://help.campaignmonitor.com/topic.aspx?t=33 ). Their unsubscribe link degrades gracefully by pointing to a test version of the unsubscribe page. Not exactly what I am going for here, but better than a blank value creating a broken link in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a 'date modified' option when selecting fields in segments

When creating a segment, you cannot find people who's field has been modified within a certain date. Would be great to add this as an option when segmenting, so we can see who has changed a particular field (such as competitions, source etc) within each month or bespoke timeframe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change Field Type

It would be nice to be able to change a field type in the field edit menu rather than have to delete the field and recreate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I need the ability to reset GeoIP values manually

I use GeoIP to define customers that live around our retail locations and provide them dynamic content about their store. I understand how the values are determined and that it's imprecise, but what I need is the ability to manually reset. I( have a couple influential people in my organization that are getting incorrect store info and threatening to shut this program down.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?
Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base