Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let unique ID be assigned to data other than email address

Let unique ID be assigned to data other than email address. We have members and would like to use their membership ID number. Unique emails work until someone changes their email outside of Bronto and then you have one person that Bronto thinks are two different contacts. Contact list gets junky.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I understand this is a frequent request, it is not something Bronto is looking to implement now or in the future. While this may change as part of our recent acquisition by NetSuite that would be far in the future, and is still an unknown. At this time a single email address (or SMS number) will continue to remain the primary key for all unique contacts in your account.

2. set frequency caps for individual contacts

you can set frequency caps across your account for all users, but it would be nice to set frequency caps for individual users so each person can set their own preferences

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save a list of test messages

Would be great to have a box in the test send center with saved email address that I normally send to, I always have to re-type them or go find them every time I test a message.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we have no plans to implement a feature like this at this time, there is an easy solution. Create a list, add your email address to the list, and send to that list as your “test” list. You can have a few test lists, with as many test addresses as you need, eliminating the need to retype them over and over. Hope this helps!!

4. Multiple Email Address Search

It would be great if you could search multiple email addresses without having to go through the segmentation process. Sometimes I do not need a segment created just want a quick overview.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Searching of Deleted Contacts

If a contact is deleted, it is not really deleted, just hidden from any possible view. If one later tries to update a contact with the e-mail address of a deleted contact you get a 314 error. This is a classic "contact merge" scenario. It would be nice to be able to submit a "deleted" status when searching/updating contacts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple email addresses for one contact

I think it would be beneficial to give the ability to customers to enter in multiple email addresses (work, home, etc.) and have them get mailed to both. Currently you would have to create two profiles per one email. So if you have 2-3 emails there would be 2-3 profiles but technically would be the same person.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately this is not currently possible as we do not calculate final recipient counts until the delivery begins preparation. This is when we take into consideration any exclusion groups, frequency caps, onboarding limits, A/B split testing, dynamic content and duplicated contacts.

8. Allow grids/lists with grid-level action buttons to work with items selected on multiple pages

We have the ability to mass add contacts to a list, but I would also like the ability to mass remove a group of contacts from a list. This would appear on All Contacts, List > Contacts and Segments > Contacts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. develop some features around lead scoring. We would like to score our leads and email them accordingly within Bronto.

I suggest you develop some features around lead scoring. We would like to score our leads and email them accordingly within Bronto.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create segments on the fly.

Be allowed to select fields as opposed to lists when selecting the criteria of who to send emails to. That will reduce the amount of lists you would have to continously upload.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple search criteria for contacts

I'm often looking for a specific person but have only a name - maybe they have multiple emails in Bronto. If their name is common (Jones) I have to look through multiple pages to find the right one. I'd like to search for Jones and THEN in that list search by First name or another field.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the ability to set / read custom fields for list objects, similarly to contacts.

For example, I’d like to specify a presentation order for a list of lists, but the only way I can see to do that is either 1) add some kind of special code to the internal name and parse it out with my app, or 2) maintain my own list / table of list objects, add my extra fields there. Problem with that is I need to constantly validate my list list against the Bronto data.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow contacts to be Merged

Customers seem to have 2-3 emails each these days, and they can never remember which one they've used, so they end up with several in Bronto. It would be very helpful to be able to merge these contacts together so that order history, open rates, etc are more valid for segmentation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bulk send of transactional emails to Unsubscribed Contacts (for compliance purposes)

Being in the financial industry, we have to disclose any changes to accounts to our customers. It would be much easier to be able to send bulk transactional emails to these groups to notify them of the changes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Flush all contacts.

There should be a straight-forward to flush all contacts. I'm thinking:
    Contacts -> Manage -> Flush

Of course this would go with extended safeguards, like:
    - this option would only be available to users with specific permissions to do so.
    - entry of password and a security question would be required when flushing
    - A warning that the action could not be undone along with a 'yes', 'no' selection box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Uniform naming interface for list and segment creation.

The basic interface should be consistent between list and segment creation (naming). Currently the interface for list and segment naming is different. For list creation there are well defined fields for "Internal Name", "External Name", and "Description". These fields are not well defined in the create segment UI. In fact they don't appear as editable fields. Furthermore when you do find them they aren't labeled. In addition as soon as you move the cursor off the fields they cease to be editable and need to be reselected again. The naming interface should be like list creation for list and segment…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. auto-segment list on creation

A checkbox in the list creation UI to automatically generate a segment for membership in the list. The segment would be auto-generated when the list was created and inherit the list name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something we are looking to implement right now. Lists and Segments are intentionally completely separate. There are ways to create a List from a Segment, once the Segment has already been built, but it does not go the other way.

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?
Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base