Give Feedback

Create Global Contact Search for Multi-Brand Accounts

Keep current screen open when switching between subaccounts.

Currently, I have the SearchContacts screen open for one account, but when I switch to a new account, it brings me all the way back to the new accounts dashboard.

I'd like it better if when switching between sub accounts, you were not brought back to the dashboard, but to the current screen you were currently on.

So in my case, I was searching for a particular contact in one account, and I would like to see if that contact was in another account's lists. It would be easier if when switching accounts that the search contacts screen stays up so that I can look for the contact; as opposed to being redirected to the dashboard, and having to re-navigate to the search contacts screen for searching.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay! Glad my little browser tricks work for you, Mike!

I'm going to go ahead and create a ticket for Engineering to review adding a global search to the Multi-Brand level. For now we'll focus on search for contacts, but if you think of anything else that would be helpful just add a comment here. I agree though, contact search seems the most logical - nothing else would likely overlap between sites that often.

I'm going to edit the title of your submission a bit so that in reflects the request we're actually escalating. This way if any other customers are interested in this, they can add their votes too!

I don't have a timeframe on when a change like this may be implemented, but I'll keep this ticket updated as I receive any new information. In the meantime, enjoy using those incognito windows! :)

Thanks again Mike, and keep the great suggestions coming!
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jocelyn,

The suggestion about using another browser or launching another tab in incognito mode works great! Also, the suggestion about adding a new multibrand contact search would be nice, but sadly I don't know what other contact details or features would be included in such a feature.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. As it stands now, and how it always has been, is that you can only be logged in to one Bronto account at a time. This includes subaccounts. If you have a window open for sub1 and try to open sub2 in another tab, the system will log you out of the platform. It's not ideal, but it happens to us too if I try to open two customer accounts at the same time!

My general trick is to use an incognito (or private) window. Then you could log into your account in both, have one window open for sub1 and sub2 could be on the private window. Bronto will allow this as it doesn't see the private session as being from the same browser. For that matter you could also use different browser - one in Chrome, one in Firefox, etc.

I'll ask if there are any plans to change the 'one site per browser' rule, but as its there for security reasons I'll be honest that I don't think its something we're looking to modify.

INSTEAD - what would you think about adding a global contact search at the Multi-Brand level? This would actually simplify your process as you would only need to search once, rather than in each subaccount separately. Is there anything else you would need to search for at this level, or just contact data? Overall do you think this would work for you?

Let me know your thoughts, Mike, or if there was anything else you needed!

Thanks again,
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base