Give Feedback

Add ability to upload custom templates by uploading a zipped folder of HTML and images

Our emails are very customized, so each time we are sending an email, I have to upload the HTML file and each individual image one at a time. These emails usually have 35-45 separate images. Then, once I upload the file, I have to go through and manually delete the file-path from the image source in the HTML so the images will show up correctly. 1) It would be a huge time saver if you could upload the zipped folder and Bronto could unzip it and put the images in the right places within the HTML file (Campaign Monitor lets you do this). 2) The file path should not get added to the HTML. It should just be the image name. This would also save a ton of time if I didn't have to manually delete the file-path for each image.

-Kristina

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kristina Simonsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Kristina! I've merged your ticket with a previous request that was looking for similar functionality. At the time of that submission this was not a feature we were looking to add. However, with the recent release of our New Message Editor this may be something we can now implement. I've created a ticket for our Engineering teams to review and will keep this page updated as I receive any new information. Don't hesitate to reach out if you had any questions in the meantime!

Thanks again,
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Wes Childers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge workflow improvement. The learning curve and missing features we have found moving from mailchimp to bronto have been frustrating for me and my team.

• Patrick Mcd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MAILCHIMP allows you to upload a single ZIPPED Folder which contains HTML and ASSETS - it then uploads the assets into a hosting folder, and uploads the HTML into the message - job Done! - The email is then ready to send.

Bit disappointed that Bronto has extra steps for the above - But im sure its something they could implement.

• Geoff Manning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea and would be a great enhancement. It is much easier to work off a template in Dreamweaver (I have started to use Mail Designer Pro as well) than it is to work off the Bronto custom templates. So making it easier to upload the HTML/images would be excellent!

• Katie Moreno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bronto could provide instructions on preparing a .zip file that the software can extract automatically to create a new email message. (I've seen MailChimp do this.)

As of right now, emails created with an HTML software such as Dreamweaver must be copied and pasted into the editor, the images uploaded into the hosting, and then relinked. This process is essentially redoing a lot of the work twice, wasting a significant amount of time.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base