Give Feedback

add more testing capabilities to work flows

I would love the ability to designate the "to email" for emails in a work flow. Or potentially add a test email option you can add to work flows. The Cart Testing App is impossible to test in any kind of a timely fashion....

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to have a debug mode for testing cart abandonment without having to trigger the workflow. I just want to fill in the necessary variables for the cart recover emails and initiate a test flow using those variables to fill in the content.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I want to test a workflow, I have it filter by membership in a test segment. The test segment includes only email addresses at my testing catchall domain.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the additional details, Dave! I've created a ticket for your request and forwarded to our Automation team. If they have any further questions I will let you know, otherwise I'll keep this request updated as I receive any new status information.

Thanks again,
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I'd envisage is either the ability to add a Workflow node called "Testing" or to add more functionality to the "Send Email" Node.

The testing Node would allow you to change either the "TO" field or to add a "BCC" Field to all emails in the workflow after that Node. The other option would be adding this functionality to the Send Email Node. The ability to designate a testing email or to add a BCC field.

This will not only solve my Cart Testing issues but give more peace of mine when activating workflows.

Dave

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for the suggestion! Before I create a ticket for our Automation team, can you give me a bit more detail on exactly what you're envisioning? Are you looking to test the Cart Recovery App, or other Workflow functions as well? If you could design it yourself, what would you see as the ideal process flow?

The reason I ask is that we've heard similar requests in the past, but they're often a bit vague and we'd want to make sure that whatever we release solves as many use-cases as possible.

Thank you!
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base