Give Feedback

Expand Find/Replace in New Message Editor to Include URLs

I wish there was the capability to edit the entire HTML once you have dragged and dropped your boxes and have the email looking like you want it. Our team uses tracking codes that have to be switched out between each message and its so much easier when we can edit the HTML directly with a quick CTRL+H to update the new link codes instead of having to go box by box.

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Danielle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Danielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! Just looking for an update and wondering if this got put into action. Thanks!

• mckane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to add that this would be really nice. It is especially necessary since HTML editor for HTML elements is extremely buggy and hard to use right now (impossible to use, actually). I understand that you can't expose the underlying code... but if the engineering team can fix the HTML editor then that would alleviate a lot of the pain for us.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perfect! So glad that the expanded Find/Replace may be a good solution. I'm sending this request over to our Engineering team now and will keep this ticket updated as the status changes. I do not have a specific timeframe on when this may be fixed, but perfecting the New Message Editor is definitely a big focus for us right now!

Thanks so much Danielle,
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Danielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your quick response, Jocelyn. That sounds like what I need.It would be HTML URLs and image links. We swap out the names of images and image folders this same way. This would really help us to utilized the NME.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Danielle,

Great suggestion! At this time however, we do not have plans to include an option to view or edit the full message HTML as this would also make some of the backend code for New Message Editor visible. That is code we need to keep locked down and uneditable.

HOWEVER - I think we can still provide a workaround so you can achieve what you're looking for. When using the NME, open the Settings section in the left-hand Palette. We have a Find/Replace functionality here already that will work just like your CTRL-H. Right now this only searches the text of an email message, but we may be able to expand to also allow Find/Replace of URLs as well. Do you think this would be sufficient? Is there any other content (beyond straight HTML) that you would ever need to Find/Replace? Let me know and I can get this request in to our Engineering group for review.

Thanks so much!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base