Give Feedback

Offer a date field without the year

Just ask for month and day (no year), so birthday campaigns can be implemented without asking people for their birth year. Some people are sensitive about giving this information.

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Holly Wright shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this ticket? In an age where people are highly sensitive about the information they give away, I think it's very unnecessary to require a birth year if I'm asking for their birthday! This is pretty basic functionality.

• Kelli Dochstader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have a large middle-aged female customer demographic (and many people simply do not wish to disclose birth year).

We've eliminated this field from our webform until it is possible to select MM//DD only.

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having year would be soooo sooo helpful for a birthday campaign. Many customers don't want to give their age, but are very open to providing their birthday (minus the year)

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all!

It's not a complete resolution of this ticket, but I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of our new date formatting options. The blog post below shows how to use different formats to display month, day, year, day of week, etc.

http://blog.bronto.com/product/date-new-formatting-options-arrived/

Still doesn't eliminate the need to provide a year within the Webform field, but it makes the year much less important. It won't show up anywhere in a message, and it allows for much "friendly" conversation.

Of course the original ticket is still in the backlog, and I will update here as I receive any updates. But hopefully this gives you some options in the meantime!

- Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump on this idea! I have a client whose customer base is middle aged women. They would love to do a birthday offer, but think it would not go over well with their customer base to ask for the year.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base