Give Feedback

Enable send times based on Time Zone

Enable dynamic send times This would be most helpful in sending per time zone [if the user already had a field populated] or based off subscribing IP.

41 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vincent Nero shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bobby Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add functionality to the platform that would allow scheduling one email to be sent to each time zone segmentation at the same respective time for each time zone. This could be accomplished by having a drop-down time field for each of the time zone segments. For US deliveries that would allow all 4 time zones to be covered in the creation of one email instead of necessitating the creation of 4 separate distinct launches for each time zone.

• Kelsey F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super helpful as send time optimization doesn't always work for us due to our promotional cadence. We cannot send an email to a user if it rolls into the next day and the promotion is no longer valid

• fsuinnc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we would very much like to schedule a launch so that it launches to the contacts timezone at the scheduled time. Like the the comment below, contacts all get the email at 11:59 their time. Some options around this should include methods for determining timezone, including geo-location and a default time zone for contacts with no timezone information. It might be good to have a send remainder option too. for example send to the continental US using Eastern, central, mountain, pacific and include all others in pacific.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Vinny,

Several tickets were merged together to create this "master" request, so my apologies if the comments/questions seem out of order. We do consider Send Time Optimization to be different than sending based on a user's timezone, and the latter is something we are hoping to add in a future release. I'll continue to keep this ticket updated as more information is available.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Vincent Nero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Chris - this is different than Time of Day optimization... if I want all my users to have this email at 11:59am "Their time" to wish them a Happy New Year... Any thoughts?

• Jennifer H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we leverage your GeoIP technology so that we are able to schedule a delivery send time based on GeoIP time zone.
        I.e. schedule for 9AM send = sends at 9AM at each time zone

• Alessandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be most helpful in sending per time zone [if the user already had a field populated with subscribers' time zones]. It would streamline the sending and reporting process rather than having to break out and update different automated message rules or regular messages.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base