I suggest you ...

Mobile vs. Desktop open reporting

This is a report that would be incredibly helpful for my team and Bronto users in general due to the time we're in. We have a very young demographic so we would like to tailor the emails to how they are being viewed. Without these reports we do not have the stats needed. We would like to see mobile vs desktop opens and even further if possible - what mobile device it is being viewed on/what operating system.

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nicole SzymanskiNicole Szymanski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jaclyn StillerJaclyn Stiller shared a merged idea: Email open reporting for desktop verses mobile  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Mobile Open Segmentation  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Mobile Report  ·   · 
    C. LantzC. Lantz shared a merged idea: Mobile Device Tracking  ·   · 
    Joe StickneyJoe Stickney shared a merged idea: Breakout the opens and actions activity by mobile or desktop and by device type.  ·   · 
    Erika RoeErika Roe shared a merged idea: Show which emails are read on mobile  ·   · 
    hkwokhkwok shared a merged idea: Let us filter conversion by email clients.  ·   · 
    cendicottcendicott shared a merged idea: Include email client in opens report  ·   · 

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Richard DuvallRichard Duvall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We get all kinds of data from Google Analytics on our website. Our site traffic is upwards of 50% mobile now. The only info Bronto displays is "Unknown Webmail Client." This could be a desktop or a mobile device. I need the ability to determine how the emails we send are being displayed. Our next email can only improve as much as the data permits, and this is a BIG hole in data.

OS and Screen Resolution should be fairly simple things to pull. Being able to look at Desktop data vs Mobile data is required now. I was honestly surprised today to realize Bronto did not provide this data already. Other companies are providing this service and proudly advertise it as they should.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can see mobile traffic from emails once they get to our site but I'd really like to see how people on mobile devices are actually interacting the the email differently than desktop openers. Anecdotally we believe mobile users open more but click through less. Would like to have some hard data behind that.

• Jaclyn StillerJaclyn Stiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My client is continually asking how many people are opening their email on mobile verses desktop. Bronto does not offer this type of reporting. As a creative agency it would be helpful to see these stats to adjust creative accordingly. The mobile space is only going to continue to grow.

• Jaclyn StillerJaclyn Stiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, my client is always asking how many people are opening their emails on mobile verses desktop.

• KatlynKatlyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really love to see this...we left our old ESP 2 years ago and they had this technology. I get asked on a monthly basis by my boss if this is something we can start reporting on yet.

• Teresa HansonTeresa Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see how our emails perform on mobile devices, so having the ability to view metrics like open, clicks, GDS, etc., by device (mobile, tablet, etc.) would be very helpful. With 47%+ of emails now being viewed on mobile devices (and that figure only expected to grow), this is a big miss in the application currently.

It would be ideal to be able to segment opens for all customers to evaluate the breakout of open rate from email and mobile devices by campaign.

Pleeease implement this. It's bizarre that we know it's being tracked (because you can see it on an individual contact level) but that there's no way to see what percentage of contacts are opening/clicking with what device types.

The ability to see what mobile device the user has opened their email on and be able to compare mobile vs desktop

• C. LantzC. Lantz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More and more people are using their devices to manage pretty much everything, including email. It would be extremely useful to know how many people are using these devices for emailing, so that we can taylor our emails to them specifically.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base