Give Feedback

A/B Feature for Workflows

A/B testing is currently only available for regular sends, but A/B testing should also be available for automated messages and workflows.

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kristine shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Valerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really surprised that this isn't a feature yet. I was looking to implement this in our welcome series workflow.

• Nevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I see the first message on this topic was from 2010! :o

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've done this with the random filter and nodes that apply different values to a private field. I have segments showing me contacts with those different values.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see this has been started. One of the primary things we moved to Bronto for was to improve our automation and without A/B split testing workflows and the emails within, it's difficult to continually optimise.

There are a few methods around this (albeit extremely long-winded); such as using the 'Random' filter in a workflow, splitting those users 50/50 into different lists and then starting a new workflow based on each list. But this is inefficient and makes the overall email strategy much more difficult to manage...

Looking forward to this being implemented!

• Yaniv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't make sense that this feature is not yet available - are there any other best practice for testing daily newsletter that are set up using an AMR to a specific list?

• Jennifer H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Automated Messages & Triggered Emails, can you add in your A/B split testing capability? We all know that testing is super useful, so why not add it in for triggered deliveries? I.E. testing subject line for an Order Confirmation email, or full message content for a Cart Abandonment email.

• Jennifer Leone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way this might work is that instead of selecting just one message to send when creating an AMR, you'd get to choose two and specify the % of your list/segment you'd like each to receive.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base