Give Feedback

Recurring Report Exports

This is a merger of several tickets which are all related to Recurring Reports. The comments included should show details of the individual requests, but the high-level list includes the following:
- List and Segment Growth
- New Contacts
- Unsubscribed Contacts
- Recurring Message Metrics

If there is something else you'd like to see, please add your comment and I'll ensure that it is included in the Engineering ticket!

JY [updated 7/2016]

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Roy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  · 

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are after an automated report where we can choose any specific timeframe to show: contacts added, contacts unsubscribed, bounced contacts. Currently there is no automated report to pull all tihs info into one simple spreadsheet and we have to get the info from different parts of Bronto and manually add it into one master spreadsheet. All this info we are after is stored in bronto so we would like to see it pulled into one report where we can choose the date range whether it be the last week, the last month or the last year.
        Thanks,
        Janie

• Vik Doddi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

knock knock!
        who's there?
        A Brontosaurus
        is this thread extinct?
        There is much lacking in your reporting capabilities. What are you doing to make improvements?

• Sarah Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really in need of this capability as well. It looks like Bronto last commented over 1 year ago. Has there been any updates that anyone knows of? I need an automated report to go out every day (or every hour would be even better) of people who have opened/clicked. I need to choose the "TO" line in the reporting, and choose the time frame. We recently migrated from Marketo (which was a great decision) but are missing a few features that Marketo had that Bronto does not have: including custom reports that showed a list of contacts + their custom fields within a certain segment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brannon J - I need this exact capability as well. To send a segment/list daily or hourly to our inside sales team.

• Steve Wages commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now I can see contact growth over time. However, I'm not able to break out # signups (added) vs unsub and bounce (loss).

We just switched web platforms and I would like to be able to report on # of daily signups and compare before and after the go-live date.

Right now, the only way to do this is to build a segment and recalculate each day to see # of subscribers from prior day. Even that wouldn't be so bad if I could automate and export that data.

• Brannon J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Need a way to automate sending a segment of customers to our inside sales team

• Edward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does this include being able to get a daily delivery group report that includes yesterday's metrics? Currently if I set up a delivery group report for 'yesterday' (ie, today is 9/20 and yesterday is 9/19) and set it to recurring, the export is always for 9/19. I want the recurring report to update daily to yesterday. (ie, on 9/21 the report would be for 9/20, 9/22 the report would be for 9/21, etc.) This will allow me to efficiently monitor daily transactional messaging.

• Matthew Chrsitie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really helpful to have the exporter equivalent of the data loader for contacts. i.e. a scheduled export of subset of contact data based on a list or segment. My immediate requirement is to be able extract a list of everyone that has unsubscribed in the last x hours, so that we can update our own contacts table.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have people who don't log in to Bronto who benefit from Bronto data. I'd like to be able to, for example, set up a report to email these people once a week with the size of a certain list or segment. I assume many other kinds of data would be useful in these emailed reports, too.

• fsuinnc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have the option to place the reports on an ftp server for retrieval instead of just emailing them. This is especially true for contact reports.

• Richard Duvall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have segments set up to provide this info.

Daily:
        1. The Contact's Creation Date Is The Same Day As 06/14/2016
        or
        1. The Contact's Creation Date Is In Time Frame Today
        2. The Contact's Creation Date Is Not In Time Frame Yesterday

Monthly:
        1. The Contact's Creation Date Is After Or The Same Day As 06/01/2016
        2. The Contact's Creation Date Is Before Or The Same Day As 06/30/2016
        ** This tends work better than "between” dates.

I do have to pull the data every few days and insert it into a spreadsheet. I have charts built that provides me with wonderful visuals. I can use it to predict growth and sends as well as see trouble areas. The downside is its a bit more work. The upside is that I now have historical data that exceeds what Bronto is willing/able to provide even at a fee.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this idea. We're actually already working on something similar, but not involving Workflows.

To my understanding Workflows will always be more focused on subscriber-facing events such as field changes, orders placed, messages sent, etc. We don't have any plans to use the Workflow builder to send internal status reports.

However, if you look at the two below tickets I think you'll find that their these cover the same reports you're looking for, and work has already begun on the first listed.

http://ideas.bronto.com/forums/74207-ideas-bronto-com/suggestions/1615255-e-mail-reports-automatically-on-a-weekly-montly-ba
        http://ideas.bronto.com/forums/74207-ideas-bronto-com/suggestions/5990503-multiple-dates-your-automated-reports-run-under

Feel free to add your support behind these two submissions if you'd like - it really does make a difference! I'm not sure it makes sense to keep your ticket open separately and would like to merge it with the first ticket I linked above. Your comment and support will automatically carry over. Let me know if this is okay, or if you'd like to discuss further before making that change.

Thanks again Dave, and have a great afternoon!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be nice to create a workflow for an email and have a spreadsheet emailed automatically with the desired information. i.e. Send an email out on Monday, then create a workflow to have the summary or detailed summary report delivered to your inbox on Wednesday...or whatever the timeframe. While having the info provided on the spreadsheet be specific to the contacts' performance of that particular email.

• mckane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love this idea. We have created segments for new contacts added and we store what sort of capture campaign (pop-up, inline forms, etc) they came from in a custom form field in Bronto. Then we are just documenting the number of new ones per week in a spreadsheet that we graph out. We would LOVE to see this in an easy graph format so we can visually see it and not have to track manually. It would be cool to be able to see new contacts with certain variables too (Example: New contacts with field "capture" as "coupon-pop-up" or something like that... so you can see which campaigns to get new emails are the ones working and how well they are working etc).

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I have a few quick questions before I can move this ticket further.

Your use-case mentioned looking up all contacts as a way to see the number of recent additions. Is this the only scenario where you'd search like that? I ask because we actually have a separate request open to create a "Daily Sign Up" report and work for that has already been started within Engineering. You can view this request below to see if it meets your needs, and add your support or comments as needed.

http://ideas.bronto.com/forums/74207-ideas-bronto-com/suggestions/4207498-daily-sign-ups-report

In the meantime, as an alternative to you searching for new contacts every day, have you considered setting up a few segments with a dynamic date range? You can create a segment search which looks for "Created Date" within the last X days. Since segments keep themselves up to date, every day it would be looking for a different range. You could glance at the main Segments page to get your current numbers, and could have different segments setup for different time frames - 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, etc.

Let me know your thoughts on if either of these options will work for you!

Thanks so much,
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often look at our contacts (searching by contains "@") sorted by date created to see how many we've gained in the last day or last few days. It would be helpful if the results table put a bold line between sets of identical values. The logic here might be that, for whatever field it's sorted by, if there's a group of more than five identical values, put a bold line under that record. That number five will prevent a bold line between every individual email address if that's the sort field etc.

• Blair de Jong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to ability to schedule a report download for contacts added to a segment, so that we can distribute internally for further follow up or analysis.

• Sean Donahue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is in most other ESP's: On a given day of the week, I'd like to tell Bronto to export a list of unsubscribed contacts to my inbox. The variables can be how often (Monthly/weeklly/daily) and at what time of day.

← Previous 1
      Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base