Give Feedback

Implement multiselect fields

I was a bit surprised to find that Bronto does not support multiselect field types. This would be very useful for us, and I imagine others as well.

We're asking customers questions such as: which are your favorite brands, please select the ones you like. Right now, we need to make a checkbox field for every brand, and store yes or no for each. We're also asking customers which special types of products they're interested in. With 16 brands and 6 special product types, we need 22 fields for 2 questions. With a multiselect field, we'd only need 2. It would also make segmentation a little easier.

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michel Hendriks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) responded  · 

We do plan to create a field type that allows for multiple answers, but do not have an estimated release date right now. This change is a major departure from our current functionality and would impact how fields interact throughout the platform – segments, automation, reporting profiles, etc. It will not be a small project, and will take time to fully complete, but I will keep this ticket updated as more information is available from Engineering.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality would be very helpful and reduce the # of fields I have to assign to preferences

• Lindsay Eagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I am new to Bronto and this is one of the first issues I had when setting our contact fields up. We are in travel and would like to know which destinations contacts would like to receive information about and there is no easy way to do this. I think this feature would be very helpful for users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when creating a radio button to provide the option to select multiple buttons versus having to create separate fields

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base