Give Feedback

On a workflow, I would like to be able to set a contact's status to Transactional

I would like the option to set a contact's status to Transactional through a workflow.

The use case is we are setting up a contest / sweepstakes through a Bronto form. The registrant has the option to opt-in through a checkbox. However, the status gets set to Onboarding for new contacts to the system (they submitted a contact form). In this instance, I want registrants who do NOT check the box to be set to Transactional.

0 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This use case comes up from time to time, since it represents a workaround for how Bronto's webforms were designed (specifically, that submitting the form signs that contact up for marketing emails).

The feature you are asking for does exist - the Change Contact Status action node. You can design a workflow where a path uses that action node to set a contact's status to 'unsubscribed.' The 'unsubscribed' status is functionally the same as 'transactional' in that this contact will not be eligible to receive marketing emails, but will always be eligible to receive transactional emails.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base