Give Feedback

Manual Winner Picking for A/B Testing

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to review a/b tests for a partial send - ie 10% split. And then manually pick a winner.

I like to look at all the stats, not just one that is automated.

Mail chimp allows me to do this and i think it's a great feature! :)

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For subject line A/B testing, offer this option for Winning Criteria:

if subject line open rate is a clear winner, send remaining contacts winning open rate subject line.
    if subject line open rates are close - say within 1% - winner is the subject line that garners highest clicks.

My subject line tests often receive similar open results but sometimes the winner (only by a margin) doesn't end up with the higher clicks.

**Or, as another post suggested, just allow us to make a manual change to the criteria before the winner is sent.

• Chris F. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, when conducting an A/B test on a segment of a contact list, we must preset the victory conditions. We should be able to decide the victor manually (and then send a message to the remaining contacts), after seeing the results of the test.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to change the winner criteria before the winner send. For example, my september a mailing had the highest open but only by a small percetage but c had more conversions. It would be great in this case to be able to change the criteria from opens to conversions.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base