Give Feedback

set frequency caps for individual contacts

you can set frequency caps across your account for all users, but it would be nice to set frequency caps for individual users so each person can set their own preferences

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jamie Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to open this feature request back up for consideration.

Having to use suppression lists as a way to manage frequency requests at the contact level is not a very manageable solution. Not only is it a manual process leaving much room for error (it basically allows you inadvertently fail to comply with CAN-SPAM) but you would also be forced to send multiple deliveries for many emails.

I appears your clients have been requesting this functionality since 2010. Can you please add this feature to your development roadmap? Thanks!

• Danilo Paiva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Or at least a way to remove Frequancy Caps for some users - especially within one's own organization.

• Joel Lerner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great suggestion!

Some little workaround, we created separate lists and a custom webform.
    Then at the bottom of your marketing messege under "manage preferences" link to this webform, where users can select whatever list they want, Daily, Weekly, Monthly etc.

Of course this is manual, you'll have to exclude the Weekly list from all deliveries except once per week...

• C. M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to set frequency caps/limits for specific lists and segments. Subscribers can then choose their frequency limits based on either a list subscription or a segment that is based on a field (radio button).

• Jordan W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, that would make more sense. i didn't think about overlapping contacts. The list that I'd want to apply these rules to only has around 15 contacts so that would be very manageable.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A contact-level override would seem to be a better choice.

What if you targeted two lists with overlapping contacts with a delivery, and one had frequency caps enabled, and the other didn't? And the delivery would be over the limit(s) for some of the contacts on the frequency-capped list? You run into ambiguity.

I think pushing this down to the contact level would be consistent.

• Jordan W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a way to apply an "Override Caps" rule to individual lists rather than limiting that strictly to the emails themselves. My reasoning is that let's say I have two lists: one with all of the Customer Service Representatives in my company, and a unique list I've pulled for that particular email. Regardless of how many emails I've sent to the CSR list that day/week, I want them to keep getting our promotional materials, whereas I want the cap in place for the individual lists as I don't want to spam them.

The only way to accomplish this right now is to set up two deliveries per email, with the CSR list delivery having the "Override Frequency Caps" box checked. It would make life so much easier for me to be able to set it so that even if the CSR list is included in an email where that box is not checked, so OTHER lists are still capped, the CSR list will still send regardless of the amount of emails that have been sent to them.

TL;DR version: Make a feature so that "Override Frequency Caps" can be applied to lists as well, so one doesn't have to send out two separate deliveries if there's a list that always needs that box checked.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base