Give Feedback

Cart abandonment to work cross device - SFCC/DW

Currently if cart recovery emails are opened on a different device to the one that the items were add to cart on nothing shows in the bag.

With more and more customers shopping cross device it would be ideal if the email held the product information so products would be access from any device.

This is a specific request for clients using the Demandware/ Sales Force Commerce Cloud cartridge.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shirley Green shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

We did some research and talked to our Demandware solution architect resource. Our understanding is that Demandware/SFCC currently has no functionality to store/retrieve a shopper's cart using some sort of key or ID (as opposed to a same-device cookie). And per my previous comment, if a commerce platform does not have such functionality, there isn't any unique URL that could be passed along in Bronto's cart recovery javascript.

I empathize with your inquiry, it represents a nice strategy for removing friction from the mobile shopping experience.

Eric @ Bronto

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

To all the commenters and supporters following this Idea, I want to affirm that Bronto does indeed believe it is very important for a cart abandonment email to recognize the reality of multi-device shopping.

The important clarification here comes from Shirley, the original reporter, that her request is specific to Bronto's Demandware/SalesForce Commerce Cloud integration.

The ability for an email to include a cart URL unique to the abandoner (so that they can see their cart on any device) is entirely dependent on the functionality of the ecommerce platform. Either that ecommerce platform can store and persist a cart and assign it a unique URL or it cannot.

Thankfully, Bronto's cart recovery javascript has *always* been able to receive such unique cart URLs so that they can be rendered into an email template. It's up to a developer to code the javascript to include such a unique URL, if one exists.

And also, thankfully, this functionality does come pre-built in Bronto's Magento 1 and 2 integrations.

This ticket has been re-routed to the appropriate product manager over the Demandware integration for further investigation.

Thanks as always for your feedback and opinions!

Eric @ Bronto

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the suggestion and for the additional comments. I've forwarded this request to our Commerce Product Manager and will update here as soon as I receive their response. I don't have an estimated timeline right now, but additional supporters and use-cases certainly don't hurt!

Thanks again, and let me know how else I can help!
        Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base