Give Feedback

Segment Metrics - Growth, Loss, Revenue, Engagement, etc

View a dedicated report page for each Segment which includes Clicks, Opens, Conversions, Growth, and all other metrics which are standard on Message and Delivery reports.

[This is a merged ticket to incorporate all Segment Reporting requests to one ticket. - Bronto/JY]

29 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) responded  · 

I am pleased to advise that segment reporting is now available with Bronto’s New Reports. To activate these new features for your account, navigate to Home > Settings > Bronto Labs. Read more here:

http://blog.bronto.com/product/introducing-new-reports-fast-insights-intuitive-ui/

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Support Department. Thanks for your patience and enjoy!

Jocelyn @ Bronto

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anna Krasnoperova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to be able to see some aggregate metrics (sends, opens, avg open rate, avg click rate, RFM) for segments /lists calculated based on the underlying contact metrics - even if there was no explicit delivery to this segment or list. Currently we see anything only if one explicitly deployed to a segment (and only for that delivery/deliveries). IF you deployed emails to those contacts in the segment but say, just used "full list" as your target, there will be no reporting by segment available (even thought all contacts were sent to and individual contact stats are available and could be aggregated)

• Clemence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marketing Deliveries report extract showing the breakdown with all segments within each campaign

At the moment if you want the results by segment for a given campaign, you need to go to each campaign individually, and click on each segment to get the number.

It would be great to extract all this information at once for a specific time frame, like we do when we extract the report for Marketing Deliveries.

Maybe you can add a dropdown to give the possibility to extract:
        All Marketing campaigns
        All Marketing campaigns by segments
        All Marketing campaigns by device
        All Marketing campaigns with the split of image clicks

• Anna Krasnoperova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to see a breakdown of a specific delivery metrics by segment in a single table. Currently, I have to click on each segment to see a list of deliveries to this segment with metrics (which is great), But the reverse report would also be handy (select a delivery, see the list of segments /and lists it was deployed to with the relevant metrics

• Holly Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the data table on a segments page, there are currently only columns for message, send date, type, sent, open rate and click rate. There are no other options to add additional columns from the table settings popup. However, for any regular message that goes out, there is a LOT more data that can be viewed (delivered, opens, clicks, total opens, total clicks, conversions, conversions/delivered, revenue, revenue/delivered, orders, contacts lost, contact loss rate).

While I'd LOVE to have all that data for each delivery to a segment, the top priorities for me are revenue, orders, contacts lost and delivered, in that order.

Seems like this should already be there but was just overlooked at some point...

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Jenny,

Thanks so much for taking the time to create this submission. Before I can move forward, could you give me a little bit more information on what you're looking to achieve? I want to make sure I include all necessary notes on the Engineering ticket, particularly since Delivery Groups are typically for messages/deliveries, whereas Segments are for identifying contacts. And I don't want to assume incorrectly! :)

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m attempting to see metrics over time for messages delivered to specific segments, without having to search each message title individually and potentially missing some when adding them to a delivery group.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see functionality where we can view metrics across one specific mailing list. Currently, you have to create a delivery group and continually add relevant message sends to it in order to get an overview of metrics for a particular list. As we have many different lists to manage, it would be extremely helpful to be able to get a snapshot of trends within a particular list or segment (i.e.: open rates over time, which subject lines performed best within this mailing list, etc).

• Yaniv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add List/Segment Reports for unsubscription rates, retention rates, Life time value etc. This would really help calculation lists' value and especially the lifetime value of a subscriber.

• Joel Lerner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, in order to see metrics for a segment, say gmail users, you must send to this segment directly.

Is there a way to see performance for a specific segment, even no delivery was directly sent to them, similar to building a segment in Google Analytics?

• Robert Faulkner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you send to segments and you want to know how many people received an email in each segment then the reporting is inaccurate.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to be able to show growth for segments instead of it currently just being for contacts and lists.

• Kory Jazbec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a segment, it would be great to see how the contacts in this segment have performed from all previous messages they have been sent. For example, if i created a "Male" segment, it would be great to see their open rates, click rates etc together as a group. Currently, I know you have to send to that specific segment first to see results. It would be great to see beforehand how the contacts have performed so that we can either expand or refine the segment based on their previous email performance (opened/clicked/converted)

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently we cannot see any analytical data about a specific segment when we send to multiple in a single delivery. If we view the segment page, we can see the summarized open rate, click rate and conversion rate, but we cannot see any of the more detailed reports.

• Chris B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! I would vote for this but don't have any votes left! If you haven't selected that segment to send an email to, there isn't any data. Would LOVE to be able to do this.

• sdubois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you create a segment today, then go into reporting to view any stats on that group of users, no data populates. Currently the data will only populate if you select to send to that specific segment after it was created. In theory if you have mailed to all contacts over time then you have mailed to that segment, so the creation data of the segment should have no relevance on its historical data. The historical data should be populated for the segment that was generated for those selected contacts.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base