Give Feedback

Cart Recovery | Allow item name within the subject line

It would be great if we could incorporate the %%$cart.item.name%% within the subject line. There currently isn't a method to achieve this as cart data needs to be inside a loop.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    closed  · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Greetings all,

This is something that has always been possible, but is not well documented. We will put a ticket in with the tech writing team to make it much clearer how to accomplish this.

It turns out that you can reference an individual item from a shopper's cart outside of the {cart_loop} like so: %%$cart.item_0.name%% - that renders the name of the first item in the cart. item_0, item_1, item_2, etc. It's like indices in an array.

All best,

Eric @ Bronto

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you mean the name of whatever the first item in the cart is? We do that in our email subjects. I just did a cart loop in the email subject and limited it to the first 1 result.

In Your Shopping Bag: {dynamic_code}{cart_loop limit=1}%%$cart.item.name%%{/cart_loop}{/dynamic_code}

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jamie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send in this submission. I agree that this would be a great addition to a personalized message. Not sure it ever occurred to me that this type of subject line customization wasn't possible. I'm going to pass this suggestion along to our Commerce team, and see what they can coordinate with the Message Editor team. Can't make any promises, but I'll update here as I receive any new information.

Let me know how else I can help!
        Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base