Give Feedback

Make the Magento 1 Module/Extension Provide a 2 Way Sync of Subscription Status

The Magento 1 Module provides only a 1 way subscription status sync from Magento to Bronto. This creates a terrible customer experience where they may unsubscribe via Bronto (eg: through the footer unsubscribe) and this unsubscribe is NOT sync'd back to Magento.

This means that customer service see the customer as subscribed in Magento admin and the customers sees themselves as still subscribed in Magento 'My Account' but they are not actually subscribed to anything. Then you have the added confusion of multi-list subscriptions (and transactional email subscriptions) and it all starts to get messy fast.

The Bronto Magento 2 extension addresses this by ensuring that the Bronto<>Magento subscription status sync is 2 way, so Magento and Bronto always show the same subscription status.

This functionality needs to be backported to the M1 extension asap to resolve this fundamental flaw in the Bronto provided customer email experience.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Greenwood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason Greenwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Jocelyn, appreciate the update. Not too happy with this approach to be honest, so will escalate via our Bronto AM thanks.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jason,

I forwarded your request to our integrations team for their review. It seems Magento has announced plans to discontinue enhancements to its Magento 1 platform, but will continue to support the product. As a result, the Bronto Product team is following suit. We will no longer add enhancements to our Magento 1 Connector, but will continue to release upgrades as needed to maintain existing functionality. Our Magento 2 Connector is already available and I'd recommend speaking with your Account Manager for more information.

I'm sorry I didn't have a better answer, Jason, but don't hesitate to reply back if you have any further questions.

Thanks so much,
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base