Give Feedback

Trigger workflow based on event of specific link click

(I see the completed suggestion at the URL 5468230-triggered-emails-based-on-specific-links. This is different.)

The previous solution for a way to trigger a workflow based on an email click does not work well. (The solution was to make a segment of contacts who have clicked the link.) When someone clicks an email and is put onto a "has clicked this link" segment, that's permanent. It's not an event; it's a status.

We need to be able to watch for the *event* of clicking a specific link and trigger a workflow. This is something that could happen multiple times with links to join or leave lists via email clicks. Being able to trigger workflows directly from specific link clicks would be incredibly powerful.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About how frequently it should trigger--I suppose the regular workflow throttling would be useful here, and anything the workflow does could be measured for the workflow too. (E.g., if the workflow sends an email at the end, a filter could skip anyone who's received that email recently.)

My first idea of how to use this is to allow people to add or remove themselves from a list with a link click. They could do it back and forth all day and the workflow would keep removing them and adding them, and that'd be ok.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jeff,

How frequently would you want someone to trigger the workflow? If I click on the specific link every day for 10 days, should I trigger the workflow each time? Or would you prefer a delay between triggers?

I'm trying to brainstorm a few ideas for you, and knowing frequency would be a big help.

Thanks Jeff!
        Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base