Give Feedback

Create Segment for Radius from Zip Code, based on Field not GeoIP

I'd like to create a segment and run the same sort of "radius" function that is available in the GeoIP section but in the fields section.

Essentially, I want to be able to select the field Zip Code, then ask for all zip codes in a 50 mile radius instead of having to input in hundreds of individual zip codes.

Hoping this would be something fairly easy to implement since the tech already exists for GeoIP, but would be so helpful for an account like us where the majority of our subscribers have provided a zip code as a field!

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kristine McNerney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team is in need of this exact technology and really hoping for a solution. Is there anyway we can get any alternative suggestions other than manually entering in the zip codes? Are there other plug-ins or apps that could support this?

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that algorithm already exists, because it is used in the GeoIP section. Am I right on that, or getting it wrong?

• Ian Marquis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this requires a longitude/latitude/zip table and an algorithm to triangulate between them. Other systems I've used that implemented this had a physical geo upload that the customer needed to maintain.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base