Give Feedback

Start and end times and dates on Content Tags - enabling scheduled content updates in relevant messages such as the start of a sale

At present we use content tags to promote our current sale at the bottom of our lifecycle emails, such as welcome series. However, at the start or end of a sale the content tag has to be manually updated to either delete the content or refresh it with the current sale material.

If there was a way to schedule the content to change at a particular time and date it would allow us to set up new content to replace old content at a particular time - and no customer would ever receive an email with content that was out of date.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dave Malcolm shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a solution to this. It uses a contact date field that I was already using for something else. I have the following: A contact date field called something like "IsThisToday," a segment of contacts whose "IsThisToday" field is not today, and a workflow that, when contacts enter that segment, sets the field to today. So, every morning at midnight, everyone enters the segment and gets today's date in the date field.

Then, I use dynamic content in the content tag to control whether content appears based on less-than and greater-than date values compared to that date field's value.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this. Our ecommerce platform began supporting scheduled versions of a page's content and it is *so* useful.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base