Give Feedback

Provide a way to dynamically create delivery groups.

I currently have a number of delivery groups ranging from monthly groupings to specific segments by year. These can often be tedious to manage and to make sure everything gets in there. It would be great if we could build rules for a delivery group as one would for a segment... i.e. if send date is 2011 and message name contains (05-09) those messages would auto populate in the delivery group 2011 - 05-09 and so on.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Phil from AmericanMuscle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marcia Oakes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a way to set up rules for Delivery Groups. For example, we use specific naming conventions for our messages so that it's easy to tell one type from another for various messaging programs. I could set up a rule that every message I create with "XYZ" in the name would be automatically added to the "XYZ" delivery group. Another option would be to give the ability to automatically add any messages from a specific folder to a specific delivery group. We already sort our messages in this way, but as new ones are created, they aren't automatically added to special delivery groups we might be using.

• Holly Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredibly helpful for segmenting subscribers based on engagement. For example, we use delivery groups to manage store emails vs. web emails, and we use the delivery groups to create segments of people who are engaging with certain types of emails (and not others). It is tedious (and not very timely) to have to update these delivery groups myself each month to make sure my segments stay up to date.

Some ideas for dynamic delivery group rules are
    - message name
    - subject line
    - lists or segments receiving the deployment
    - date sent

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An additional method would be to allow any messages in a given folder to automatically be added to a delivery group.
    What's the value of that structure without any reporting?

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base