Give Feedback

Bug - Save Button Hangs if User's Session Expired

Bug - if user is in the middle of editing a webform, and their log-in session expires (lets say they left their computer for an hour to go to lunch) you don't have proper error handling in place when user decides to click "Save Changes" on the webform. Instead the "Save Changes" button hangs and does not tell the user the reason it can't complete the request).

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nick Taylor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nick,

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this idea. The screenshot especially will be very helpful for our front-end team to identify the root cause. I'm creating an Engineering ticket now for them to take a look.

In the end though, if your session has expired, hitting save will and should result in an error. Maybe a more graceful error, but still an error! To avoid this, I suggest extending the time limit on your session timeout. This is editable within each of your three subaccounts at Home > Settings > Security > Session Security. The default is 2 hours but can be extended to 8 hours.

Let me know your thoughts Nick, and I'll update here as I get any updates on this ticket.

Thanks again,
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base