Give Feedback

customsource

We use the source and customSource fields found in your API documentation to track the source of our customers who have been added to Bronto. Why can't I see these fields in our Contacts Table? Not sure what the point of providing this data to your system if we can't see it within your interface...

For your reference, this is the API Document:
http://dev.bronto.com/api/soap/functions/add/addcontacts/

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nick Taylor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is my understanding, please tell me where I am off and the status of this request. The GUI for contact details, under general information, show a label called "Source." This looks to be a concat of objects source + customSource. The object "source" can be used on segment builder, however, it does not concat the two objects together like the GUI for contact details/general information. You cannot use the source or the customSource objects in workflow. You also do not get them via comprehensive export. When you have Bronto Webforms setup, the customSource is the name of the webform. If you have an API integration using one API but that has multiple LPs, then you have to pray that you don't lose utm values, or you suddenly have a lead, added via api, with no attribution for lead source. You could setup a custom field to pass a URL to, but then again, if you have other systems with source fields, then you will have to create multiple source fields. If you are using the addOrUpdateIncremental in your API integration, then whatever value you set in the custom field would have to be workflowed to then capture a new value in a field that won't be overwritten on the 2nd - Nth time someone fills out a form...This all seems ridiculous. (I could go into providing default system fields that would have the MIN of lists added to value or the name of the MIN of messages sent - or at least a way to export system data - but I am sure that is for another request change.

• Nick Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your "Pick a Field" interface is missing the customSource field mentioned in your API... very inconsistent product experience across the different parts of your system. In the screenshots I've shown below the "source" field exists but the "customSource" field does not exist. If you head over to the Contacts Table you'll find that both the "source" and the "customSource" fields are missing completely!

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base