Give Feedback

Expanding the SCA service for more customer engagement

It would be cool if shopping cart abandonment could be expanded to support other types of abandonments. For me, it would be cool to have a feature that works almost exactly like the current shopping cart abandonment system, except that it would track abandoned wishlists. This way, when the user hasn't touch their wishlists is X amount of time, they would be sent an email notifying them that they've left things in their wishlist.

This could be expanded even futher than the wishlist scenario handling page abandonments or site abadonments. We could do things like: this user hasn't visited my site in the past X days, I'll send them an email with a special promotion." Or maybe even: "This user hasn't visited in a while; I'll send them an email with the new changes we've made to the site that would make their experience better!"

I think there's a whole lot of space for expansion here with this feature. The new feature described wouldn't have to be directly related with the current SCA service, but could service as a whole new service entirely. It would trigger emails under certain conditions to engage the customer just a little bit more.

Cloud9 IDE does this quite well with their emails, where they'll ping you back if you haven't visited their site in a while. With this approach though, you would have to have an account already, but Bronto could track the amount of days since its last ping on the website and send out an email. This would open up new opportunities for engaging the customer and hopefully make everyone a little bit happier!

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this request. My interpretation is that you're looking to track behavior on your website beyond simply abandoned carts. Is that correct? If so, we may already have a solution in our new App, Browse Recovery. More information is available below, with screenshots included for how this would integrate into your account. I would recommend speaking with your Account Manager for more information on this App, and potentially a demo with an Engineer.

https://appcenter.bronto.com/apps/browse

Let me know your thoughts and if this will provide the behavior you're looking for. If I've interpreted your request incorrectly, or if there's something the Browse Recovery app is missing, please let me know.

Thanks so much,
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base