Give Feedback

Segment data by a combination of RFM metrics

We need to be able to segment Contacts who have placed 3+ orders in the last 12 months or spend >=£600 in the last 12 months.

This is currently possible using Order data and RFM metrics. Order Count related to lifetime order count and you can't combine it with a custom date range, which is a serious limitation.

I hope this can be implemented quickly, it is a major limitation and the workaround is ugly and cumbersome.

Workaround:
Create multiple fields on the Contact table to hold OrderCount and OrderTotal for 0-6, 0-12, 0-24, 0-36, 12-24 & 24-36 months. Precalculate the values on our end then sync to all contacts nightly.

Seems a terrible waste when all the data is already sitting there in the Order table.

I was shocked and a little disappointed that Bronto isn't already able to do this.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matthew Chrsitie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nicholas Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree! I just lost a good chunk of my morning trying to work this out only to find that it is not possible. This really is a serious limitation. If I had known this was not a functionality when we were shopping for platforms we likely would have gone a different direction. Please, please, resolve this.

• Naomi Szabo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree! I was of the understanding Bronto was able to do this and it was one of the main reasons we chose to integrate this platform with our e-comm site; so we could segment cx's based upon their purchasing behaviour (shops with us once, 2 / 3 / 4 times p/year).

Can someone from Bronto please post on update on where this stands as last update "Our segments team has been actively working towards this" was made in October 2016.

• Anna Krasnoperova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I was really surprised not to be able to pull something like "Contacts who spent X+ in the period Y (or in last X months or days" or "Contacts who had X orders in period Y" (given that all the necessary data is there and it would be a simple query to do in a SQL database)

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Matthew,

I'm almost positive we have an existing ticket for this, but can't seem to track it down at the moment. I'll update as soon as I have more information, or can find the first ticket, but I do know this is something our Segments team has been actively working toward.

Thank you!
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base