Give Feedback

Add ability to set default from and reply-to addresses

Either have them configured inside of Settings, or remember the last X addresses used and present them in a list for the user to choose from at send time, or override with something different.

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) responded  · 

This is now complete!

To set your default sending information, please navigate to Home > Settings > General for your account or subaccount. Here you can set a From Name, From Address and Reply-To Address that will be used on your outbound messages. You can set all of these options, or only those you choose, and you can always modify the settings on individual deliveries. Existing messages should not be impacted.

If you have any questions, or experience any difficulties, please reach out to our Support Department. Thanks so much!
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rebekah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can you have predetermined set SEND NAME on the account, with an option to change it if needed? The send name is almost always the same anyway and its tedious to have to add it all the time plus encourages typos.

• Laurie McGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing to have the ability to pre-populate this field with a variety of choices, especially for people who send from different FROM names within the same account. Currently, you have to manually enter into each field, which increases chance of error.

• Emily Feller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want Bronto to always handle reply tracking, and have mistakenly not checked the box too many times. Would be nice if I could set up in account settings to just have you automatically do that for every message.

Thanks guys!

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a message, there are multiple steps that you need to do to create and schedule the deployment of an email. I would like to see the ability to save a setting if we are setting up each emails the same. Ex. For every email we select a certain segment to not receive our emails until they have passed through our work flow. I would like that to be checked automatically when I create future emails instead of selecting that segment every time during scheduling.

• Kory Jazbec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this, once the default From Name is included, the From Address and Reply-to Address should automatically populate. I have seen in other ESP's, that they establish a From Name in their settings with a corresponding From Address and Reply-To Address. When it's time to create the email message, they just simply choose the From Name from a drop down list and all of the other fields are populated based on the original settings you have put in place.

• joe manno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable a feature where we can enter the From Name as a default for all email messages within a sub-account. This would eliminate the possibility of mistyping the from name or having this presented inconsistently. Of course, we would also like to be able to over-ride the From Name within each email message, but having one default would make this much easier. thanks.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base