Give Feedback

Add the ability to workflow node ‘Email Activity’ to check for email BEFORE reaching the node.

The current ‘Email Activity’ node says “The contact was sent an email within 3 hours after reaching this node” (with certain options available). But it is always AFTER reaching the node.

Sometimes we want to divert contacts in a workflow based on recent activity. Instead of getting to a node and then waiting hours/days to see if a particular email is opened (sent, clicked, etc.). The current email activity node is little more than a delay since the contacts sits on that waiting a set amount of time or until the event happens.

If someone opened or clicked a particular email in the past two days I might want to handle them differently than someone who did not. Currently I can only wait and see if they open/click (whatever) in the NEXT two days. Handling both cases in this node would be a helpful.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

fsuinnc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fsuinnc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jocelyn,
    The point of this request is that I want to know that the action was taken within a time frame.
    If you get to this node and you have opened/clicked a particular message within the past 2 days take an action. I am not interested in everyone that might have opened the message. If you are checking an automated send, like an abandoned cart message, the contact may have received the message several times over a long period. I'm interested in the recent one. If they opened the recent one, take one path. If they did notopen the recent send, take a different path. The segment would need to look at a particular delivery. This means constantly rebuilding the segment to look at the recent delivery and then changing the workflow to use the new segment. That defeats the purpose of the automated workflow. From a technical perspective, this seems like a very easy change request since we know when the contact was sent, clicked, opened each message by simply looking at their history.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Greg,

This should be possible by using Segment filters instead of Activity filters. If you create a segment that looks for users who opened X message, the segment is not set for a specific timeframe. If the user is not in the segment (ie: passes down the "no" path), and you want to give them some more time to wait, add a delay node and then check the segment again. This should give you more of the control you're looking for, and should pick up more engaged users that the Activity filter would.

Let me know your thoughts, or if you have any questions on implementing this suggestion.

Thanks so much,
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base