Give Feedback

Custom tags for messages for use in links and custom analytics

We send different messages to recent buyers, prospects, buyers that haven't purchased in a while, and of course we have triggered and transnational. Sometimes we send to different segments within these groups. All is fine on Bronto, but for our own backend analytics and for IBM coremetrics, etc. it would be handy to create a tag like %%email_type%% or %%buyer_group%%. When the tags are created a default would be entered and then when a new message is created you could assign a value to the tag(s) that applies only for that email. They could maybe be set up similar to contact fields so they have a type and some could have a list of options (Buyers, Prospects, Last_Chance) that would be selected at the message level. Customer analytics is set up as usual with a key like CUSTTAG and the value might be %%email_type%%-_-%%Buyer_group%%.
for one message custom analytic might append &CUSTTAG=daily_deal-_-0to24buyers and for another message the same custom analytics could append &CUSTTAG=VIP_Offer-_-Last_chance_buyers. This would greatly reduce the numbers of individual links that we have to edit and check for every message (200 launches each month, avg 12 links per message)

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

fsuinnc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fsuinnc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. I want to be able to define variables with the message. similar to labels on a segment but with key and value that appends to all the links (from this message) through custom analytics or something similar.I do not want to create a message and then modify each and every message to modify the links. The link modifier would or something like it might be helpful if the key/value pairs were added and maintained on the main message page where the subject line and header/footer are entered. It's already enough to add several links to each of the two hundred emails we create each month. We don't want to add a step to go into the link modifier and change them. It's sort of like adding an API tag to custom analytics but rather than sent in an api we define the key and value on the message. With a default key/value in customer analytics and an option to omit if the value is blank or something.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Greg,

I believe that our Toolbox app has a feature set that will resolve this for you - Link Modifier. It allows you to append tags or variables to URLs in bulk across an entire email. There are some helpful screenshots available on this page, and within the app's HelpHub.

https://appcenter.bronto.com/apps/toolbox

I would recommend reaching out to your Account Manager to further discuss this app and receive ore information on its functionality.

If this solution does not work, please comment here and we'll see what else we can come up with!

Thanks Greg, and have a good evening,
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base