Give Feedback

E-mail Alert Feature When No Order Data Has Been Imported Within X Amount Of Time

As there are currently e-mail alert features for when your about to run out of your allocation, as well as when your sender rating drops below a certain level, I feel there is room for additional e-mail alerts.

My specific example for this one idea is regarding the importing of order data, whether it be via the API or the JavaScript Conversion Tag.

We would like to have the ability to setup an e-mail alert in an account, to be notified if no order data at all has been imported in a sub account within X amount of time. Example:

"If No Order Data Has Been Received In Your Sub Account Within 1 Day, Send An E-mail Alert To <E-mail Address>".

This will primarily help Bronto clients such as us, that are not on fully customizable platforms, such as Magento, that allow usage of the full API and other redundancies, and have to rely on the JS Conversion script when an order has been completed. At the same time, no app connector is available at the moment for our ecommerce platform for seamless order importing and I know other clients are in the same situation.

This addition would allow us to be notified immediately if something was changed, whether an error in a revised integration on our side, or if there was a change in the order confirmation page's document structure/output of the relevant data, that was done as an update to the ecommerce platform, which then resulted in unintended side effects to our integrations.

While this may already be somewhat possible in the sense of creating an advanced segment, to watch customers flow into that segment quickly if there was an issue. However, that would require constant manual watching, and would simply be another "maintenance" segment to clog up our accounts (We currently have 4 sub accounts), where we have many segments used for actual marketing purposes, and prefer to keep that area for such usage.

Therefore, the simple solution seems to just add an e-mail alert feature, so we can be notified immediately after an amount of time of our choosing, if Bronto has not received ANY order data into the account entirely within the time frame chosen by us. This would allow us to quickly jump into action and determine what changed and what needs to be done to quickly bring the account back to 100%.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jocelyn,
    Thank you for the response.

We currently do not use Data Loader as our order importing is automatically done via the API once a customer completes a purchase. However, a dashboard widget that shows the last time order data was received in the account would definitely be helpful as even though it is not automatic, it would still be of use for when we login. I do not see any at the moment that would accomplish this, am I mistaken or are you referring to a new widget that would need to be created, especially if as mentioned, our order importing is done via the API/JavaScript Conversion Tag?

Thanks.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting idea, Dan!

I know that the Data Loader has options to email when an import is completed, but I can't think of any way to email when an import has NOT happened. We may be able to build something within Data Loader, but its hard to cover all other methods of order import. Would you find it helpful if we had a dashboard widget that showed the date of the last order imported or modified? You'd have to login to your account, but it could easily tell you if we're not actively receiving data.

Let me know your thoughts, and I look forward to helping you to find a solution!
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base