Give Feedback

Click Tracking for Personalized Links

Right now you can't track links that are custom fields (for example %%!confirm_url%%). This also makes it impossible to track clicks for personalized links created just for that contact, which we use and would like to use more.

We would like to be able to track clicks of these links and links to webforms and possibly have the ability to toggle it on and off. What say you?

15 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nathan Seltzer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bronto does not track clicks to webforms. This is valuable data that is not being captured. In order to see how many users clicked a link to a webform, we have to build a workflow to put users who viewed the form on a list, then go to that list a filter it based on the timeframe in which the email was sent. Webform links should be tracked like any other links in an email.

• Lior C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Report on how many users click special tags like the "View in Browser" link. report on which OS/Browser/Email Client they were using.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are doing a Manage Preferences campaign using an A/B/C split test to determine the most effective incentive to update, with the winner based on clicks. However, like others here, the main 'call to action' button (%%manage_url_12345%%) is not recording any clicks. So our winner will be based on clicks on the footer links which is not relevant. So stopping the campaign and sending the winner manually.

Anyway, would be useful to have these dynamic links trackable, in terms of clicks, for this and also for when viewing the 'Clicks on your message' report. We have 'Update your details' links in a couple of places and it would be good to know (like with other links) which links are popular and which aren't.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a Webform to track signups for particular promotions that then trigger automated workflows to send a series of engaging emails about the promotion. However, I can't track the clicks in the original email requesting signups, only who actually completes the Webform. So if there is a low conversion rate, I can't pinpoint it to the email or the Webform. Let's do better.

• Michael Groh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't mind this. We use a field to store the body of an invite to review products. It's completely custom for each contact and the links within that field don't get tracked.

• John Hertzberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. I recently ran a manage prefs campaign and was quite surprised to find that the main call-to-action button (%%!manage_url%%) was not tracked. I was able, with help from Lucas (Bronto), to get what I needed by creating a list from the people who updated from the email, but the reporting is still a little messy. -J

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base