Give Feedback

Frequency Cap: Prioritize Workflows before other e-mails

As I am creating more and more workflows, I do not want to spam our contacts. In order to avoid that, I need to create a frequency cap. Since we are sending out 3-4 newsletters to all of our contacs each week, there is a big possibility that the standard e-mail comes before the workflow e-mail. I would love if we somehow could make workflow e-mails always be first priority in a frequency cap.

Example:
- A contact is in a workflow and will recieve an e-mail on monday at 09 PM.

- On the same day, we send out a newsletter to our master list (all emails) at 6 PM.

With a frequency cap on 1, they will not recieve the e-mail from the workflow. I think in most cases, workflow emails are far more efficient than the standard ones.

Is there a possibility to somehow let workflow e-mails always be prioritized in frequency cap?

16 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sindre Landevåg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leonie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same issue as Tara describes and would like to request a feature or solution for this in Bronto (with priority!).

• Tara Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I logged on to request this exact feature. I would add that it would be great to be able to assign values to workflows so that if a subscriber qualifies for multiple workflows in a set time period but the volume conflicts with the message send caps, higher value workflows would be prioritized over lower value workflows.

Example:

~Contact qualifies for a Browse and Recovery email, lapsed subscriber email, and lapsed purchaser email.

~Contact cannot be sent all three emails in a given time period due to message throttling.

~We don't actually want that contact getting all three workflows in a short time period.

~We give highest priority to the message/workflow we would want the subscriber to receive and the system defaults to sending that.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base