Give Feedback

Add ability to double-check recipients in Outgoing Deliveries

There should be a quick way to check the recipient segments/lists for outgoing deliveries.

Understand from previous ticket the final number of recipients is not possible to show; but it is still important to be able to quickly double-check that the recipients have been defined correctly. This is particularly important for clients working with multiple languages.

This can be done by making the 'Recipients' column values detail out in a separate pop-up on click, or on hover. Currently this column just states '1 Segment', '2 Lists', etc, which is not at all useful.

Thank you.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the "Outgoing deliveries" view when emails are scheduled, consider making the estimated segment count OR segment name as one of the columns. This way, a quick check can be done that each delivery is set up to mail to an appropriate count of contacts (ie: not the entire list or something). All it says currently is "1 segment." If I am mailing more than 1, I want to ensure I have the right segments selected and paired with the right messages.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good morning Steve,

Thanks so much for your suggestion. We actually have an similar submission which is currently in the backlog for our Reporting team:

http://ideas.bronto.com/forums/74207-ideas-bronto-com/suggestions/4473001-enable-users-to-see-number-of-people-excluded-from

That request is focusing on improved reporting on how many addresses were excluded after a send. Would that be sufficient for your needs or are you looking for an estimated number *before* a delivery goes out?

Right now the de-duplication process does not happen until immediately before sending. This is also when we populate any associated Dynamic Content, and calculate any limits with Frequency Caps and Onboarding max. Because there's so much going on in the "delivery prep" stage, it would be a very big change to display the final recipient numbers any earlier than we do. Not to say we wouldn't make that change, but I think the earlier suggestion of improved reporting would be something we could implement a bit easier - and faster.

Let me know your thoughts Steve, or if you wanted to discuss further. Thanks so much!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Steve Wages commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if it's not real-time calculation (and had to be emailed), the ability to get an approximate count would be really helpful.

Right now I'm sending to multiple lists that have significant overlap and also suppressing folks who are inactive. Estimating the counts so I can tell my teams is always a crapshoot.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base