Give Feedback

Support Alt Text in Outlook!

Bronto's emails do not show alt text when viewed in Outlook. We were told by Bronto Support that this is an Outlook problem, which it is not, because we can see alt text when receiving emails from other providers, including ExactTarget.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Erin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Erin,

I was able to find the Support case in which this was originally discussed with Support Associate Chris G. It in, Chris correctly diagnosed that the issue was on the Outlook side and explained that different Outlook versions handle alt-text in different ways. Chris was able to provide a workaround, but which would cause the message in question to no longer be responsive in design.

If you were seeing the alt-text with your previous ESP, it is a good bet that those messages were not built to be responsive. Messages built with Bronto's drag-and-drop editor are automatically responsive. So you can have one or the other - responsive design or alt-text - but not both. And since this is not a Bronto issue, but rather a matter of how older versions of Outlook render content, we can only do so much to help. Ultimately it is entirely dependent on what HTML/CSS elements Outlook chooses to support.

If you'd like to discuss this further, I would recommend reaching out to Support and referencing your previous case. I'm sorry that this was not the answer you were looking for, but I will be closing this request.

Thank you,
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base