Give Feedback

Clone/Duplicate Information Between Sites & Subaccounts

Provide functionality to clone items from one account to another. This will cover data from a Sandbox account to a Production account, as well as between subaccounts in a Multi-Brand.

The following has been included in the ticket to Engineering:
a) Fields
b) Lists
c) Messages
d) Templates
e) Workflows

Please note that this function would allow copying of the item itself, but not the data within the item. For example, a list but not the contains contained within. Or a field, but not a subscriber's value for that field. This is not intended to be a way to duplicate an entire account, but to allow for easier recreation of the *structure* of the account.

// ticket re-written and consolidated by Jocelyn Y/Bronto, Dec 2, 2016

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    triaged  ·  AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) responded  · 

This is the master ticket for several merged ideas relating to cloning data from one Bronto account to another. Please review the updated summary and advise if you have any questions or concerns. At this time the ticket has been submitted and escalated within Engineering, and I will keep this master record updated as new information is available.

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Corey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good question. Bronto, anyone home? It's been 2 1/2 years since your last comment. Are we to assume it triaged out of existence?

• Magnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've scrolled through all the comments and I think product recommendations is lacking here as well. We are working between 3 sub-accounts.

It's extremely time consuming when you've built for example 15 flows and at least one email within each one, add that most of them also use some kind of segment and that many emails are using different product recommendations. It's really a hassle..

• Laura S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to copy things like workflows and webforms between subaccounts. Many times its similar/the same functionality that we want between subaccounts, just a different logo or email messages that we want to trigger. Being able to copy between subaccounts would save a lot of time and frustration especially since we can't have multiple subaccounts open at the same time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking to move mails and lists from one account to another sub-account. So far I don't see any way to do this. Any updates??

• Liona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to chime in to mention how impactful this will be to my workflow. I am up to 4 sub-accounts with more planned and duplicating and changing to messages that need to exist in each account are becoming a large time sink. Implementing this would also mean you don't need to save changes in each account and could just fix a new version that can be duplicated for all accounts. Having to recreate custom workflows for each account is also not ideal.

• Chris Hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see this mentioned and if it is, I apologize. We just want to be able to copy emails from 1 sub account to another. Recreating templates is a pain and time consuming when it shouldn't be. We can copy within the same account, when you hit copy, just ask which sub-account you'd like it copied to.

• Nevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update and an ETA on this ticket? We have five sub accounts and it is extremely time consuming to have to create the same segments over and over in each account. The same is true with Workflows, etc. There really needs to be a quick and easy way to copy segments/lists/workflows/etc between sub accounts. Not the data, of course, just the structure.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>> NOTE FROM BRONTO <<

This is the master ticket for several merged ideas relating to cloning data from one Bronto account to another. Your original submission notes should be converted to comments within this ticket. Please review the updated summary and advise if you have any questions about the merger or concerns about the rewrite.

At this time, this request has been submitted and escalated within Engineering, and I will keep this master record updated as new information is available.

Thanks so much,
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good morning Thomas,

At this time I do not have an estimated timeframe on when this may be completed. I do know that it is part of a much larger project which is only just beginning, so I would hazard to say that it will probably not be a quick resolution.

In the meantime I would recommend reaching out to your Account Manager. There may be a temporary solution she can offer either through a custom offering, or API development. Of course, I will continue to keep this ticket updated as I receive any new information or estimates.

Thanks for your patience Thomas!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Thomas SERES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ! Do you have some news regarding to this request ? It's really difficult to maintain our sandbox environment without an export / import feature :(

Thanks !

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this should be expanded to Workflows, segments and nearly everything. Having to create the same thing across our 3 sub accounts is cumbersome. A quick copy and edit would save a lot of time and reduce errors.

Copying for many things already exists, expanding that copy to a new sub account should be added.

And to copy to multiple sub accounts at once would be even better.

We are in the beginning stages of rethinking how we offer Sandbox accounts and other multi-site customers. Making it easier to duplicate elements from one site to another is definitely in the plans. This will certainly include the ability to clone Fields, Lists and Messages. Workflows may not be possible as they would need to point to the new message IDs and that would likely need to be done manually.

I don’t yet have an estimate on when these changes will be available, but will continue to keep this ticket up to date with the current status. Thanks so much!

- Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Thomas SERES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi !
        I have a sandbox account and a production account.

I want to maintain the same environment between my sandbox & production account. It will help me to easily test my emails, do some modifications, and verify that what I'm currently developping had no side effects on the existing emails, etc ...

It's really bad to not have the same environment between prod & test. And It's clearly not a good idea to link my test server to my bronto production account.

It will be very appreciated to get some feature to replicate emais / workflow to another account.

Thank you in advance !

• Adam Meola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to prevent mistakes being made, i recommend a demotion (in name only) of the current "admin" level users. This would be so that the user role "admin" could be used for a higher level of permissions including the ability to migrate emails from one account to another.

That way us lowly devs can develop on a given account; and dev managers and/or sub-managers can migrate between accounts.

As it currently stands, emails need to be manually duplicated in other accounts. Silly no?

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base