Give Feedback

Status Page For Service Disruptions and Release Notes

I would be extremely helpful for users to have a status page to see any service disruptions like API failures, outages, scheduled maintenance, etc. I know that you have @brontostatus that is used occasionally to share this info (fyi, it takes a long time to get the follow accepted) , but I'd love to see it in a format that I can subscribe to receive emails or SMS messages from. I've used StatusPage.io before. Check out their service offerings for the concept.

It would also be beneficial to have release notes of recent bug-fixes. We've run in to scenarios where we were researching issues internally that related to something that you guys already corrected.

In short, let us know what's up! The more transparent you are with any issues coming and the more we know what's going on with the platform, the more we can cheer on the Bronto support team!

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Greg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • McKane Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again... there is another outage today and no place to get updates. Very frustrating. I requested access to the twitter account months ago and still don't have access. This is really unacceptable.

• Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We experienced an email outage today caused by certificate validation problems and could have really benefited from more frequent and detailed communication. As a company we use statuspage.io in addition to page banners on our site to let our users know when there is a problem and we'd like to see the same level of transparency with Bronto.

Just one data point for the private Twitter account - making this private makes it difficult for engineers who may be trying to diagnose a problem to quickly check for upstream issues if they didn't sign up ahead of time. I experienced this issue today and had a difficult time getting in contact with someone over the phone as well.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Jocelyn!

The "What's New" section is great for new features, but don't be nervous to share bug-fixes as well. There is a lot of value in transparency with customers, and sometimes even more value when you share when mistakes are made and corrected.

Glad to hear the processes for using the @BrontoStatus account will get beefed up for full on outages. It could be much more useful. If you wanted to use @BrontoStatus going forward I would also recommend not making it a protected Twitter account. It makes it feel like you're hiding something, when really you're providing a great service. Again, don't be nervous. These are good things. Not to mention that if it wasn't protected I could use it to generate an RSS feed that I could then use to send me SMS alerts when there are issues. :D

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Greg,

Thanks so much for submitting this request. I agree that there are methods of communication that we are not yet utilizing, an we're exploring many of those behind-the-scenes now. I know there are some SMS alerts to be discussed at Bronto Summit next month, if you'll be in Miami with us!

I'm sorry for the delay you experienced in following the BrontoStatus Twitter page. I'm working with our new Social Media Strategist to determine the best ways to promote and message from that account moving forward. I've also cleared all pending follower requests, but it looks like someone approved you before I got there! If anyone else at your company would like to follow that feed just let me know.

Right now the best place for all platform updates would be the What's New link in the upper right-hand corner of the application. We break it down by month, and its updated every Wednesday with whatever went out with that week's code push. Following the Product blog at blog.bronto.com/product is a good way to get updates on the bigger changes, and we always send those blog links out via Twitter and Facebook.

Let me know your thoughts on this Greg, or if you have any other specific suggestions for how we might best move forward. We're a bit hesitant on creating an online status page as we prefer to keep that detail from being fully public - which is why the Twitter feed is private. However, as the platform continues to change rapidly, we may revisit that decision - especially if we see interest from customers.

If you'd like to discuss this further don't hesitate to reach out. In the meantime I'm going to set this ticket to Gathering Feedback so we can get comments and votes from additional Bronto users.

Thanks so much,
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I do understand that when you are having major delays, you will post a warning on the dashboard. However, with all of the outages and delays this week, many times we had to contact customer service for the most up to date information.

I think it would be great if you made a full page application status page, just like how Litmus has, that would show how each part of the application is currently working, and if there are any processing delays, it could state how long.

Sample page:
        https://status.litmus.com/

This could also cut down on the number of people needing to connect to LiveChat to get status information.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base