Give Feedback

adjust copy for "Activate" for Pop-Up Manager

While editing configurations for display triggers in the Pop-Up Manager, I wasn't noticing these items taking action after saving. In my mind, "Save and Close" would have been the sufficient action to activate changes, whereas "Activate" made me think of simply turning the pop-up on or off. Perhaps wording this button as "Re-activate" or "Refresh" for active pop-ups, or adding a note about re-clicking "Activate" for new edits to the live pop-up would be clear for other users too.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kacey Underwood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kacey Underwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jocelyn,
        I actually had not noticed the statement "Latest Changes Not Activated." I went in to see what you mean, and now I'm seeing it. With that in mind, it might be good as-is, or possibly designed to be more visually prominent? Perhaps even word it as "You must click 'activate' to apply any new changes" or something like that? At the end of the day, I'm happy you were able to point out that notification to me. I'd be curious what your team thinks about the possibility that it could stand out more to the user. Thank you!

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Kacey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send in this suggestion. In my testing, when I made edits to an already-activated Popup, I get a reminder on the left hard side of my popup stating "Latest Changes Not Activated". Did you not receive that same warning when you edited? Or is it that you think it should be a more prominent alert? In my opinion "Save & Close" is still an appropriate description for that button, since you can still edit and save NON-active Popups. But I agree there might be more we can do to better call out the second step of reactivating.

I'm happy to escalate this to our Commerce Apps team, but first want to have a clear recommendation for them on how an improved alert could be displayed. If you could describe your "perfect solution", or even email me a screenshot, I'll get this ticket created for you.

Thanks so much Kacey, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base