Give Feedback

Allow Manual Sort/Custom Flagging to Subaccount Menu

Our two brand names look similar in the account dropdown (i.e., they have similar initials and are about the same length). I'd like to have, e.g., a blue circle at the top whenever I'm in one and a red square at the top whenever I'm in another.

It wouldn't have to take up much space; it could take up just the height of the account dropdown and be positioned just to the right of it. It should be on a white background, so in a white square to the right of the dropdown.

Thoughts?

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't mean to say that your idea of colors and shapes wasn't viable - more that there is a finite number of each and therefore a limited number of sites you could "tag". Even if we just wind up implementing an open text field for, you could use emoticons to give your list some color! But we do need to consider accessibility, screen-readers and searchability of whatever we go with. Which is why I'm very interested to see what solutions the platform team can provide - especially in light of the other UI work that is ongoing.

I'm going to submit this ticket to Engineering now and will let you know as I receive information back. If you think of any other possibilities please continue to add them here!

Thanks Jeff, and have a great weekend!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, shapes and colors would be difficult with dozens of accounts. However, if you allowed multiples, it would become somewhat manageable. (E.g., two blue stars is different from a red star and a blue star side by side, which is different from one blue star.) You could also make it optional, so people with many accounts could label some, none, or all of them as they wish.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good morning Jeff!

I really like the idea of adding some type of manual or custom identification to the subaccount pulldown list. However, while you may only have two similarly named sites, some of our other customers have dozens (a few even have hundreds!). For that reason, I'm not sure a color/shape system would be scalable for larger Multi-Brand accounts.

I will absolutely still escalate this suggestion to our platform team, but I'd like to go with a broader request rather than a defined solution. I can include your mockup, but I'd also like to see what our UI team can brainstorm. We have some upcoming projects to revisit the way we manage Multi-Brand accounts, so this suggestion comes at a perfect time.

Let me know what you think of this approach and we'll get this ticket on its way!

Thanks so much,
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding: This should be consistent for all agency users, if possible, so people don't get confused if they're working together. Consistency is key with this kind of indicator.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base