Give Feedback

Schedule Activation/Deactivation of Workflows

I think it would be great to be able to have a workflow turn on/off based on a date (similar to scheduling a tweet). Like if I have a perpetual workflow advertising an event on January 1st, I'd love for a workflow to automatically be able to turn off on January 2nd.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • fsuinnc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So the status for this is now "Planned". Does that mean that the implementation below is the plan or will it be implemented in some other fashion? I think the solution below is a workable one but it only addresses the deactivation of a workflow. I don't want to get into a long "use case scenario" but we often want to stop one workflow and start another at the same time. And, of course, we want to do this at a fiscal cycle end or maybe a week end so it we want to activate one workflow at midnight Sunday morning and de-activate (throttle so there are no new progressions) a second workflow.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Matt,

What would you think of adding an additional option to the "throttling" choices available for Workflows? We already have an option to disable all new progressions, which basically allows current contacts to finish the Workflow but does not accept any new triggers. Right now that throttle must be manually selected. But if we could add a qualifier to that choice that said "disable all new progressions on X date", I think that would perfectly solve what you're looking for. The Workflow wouldn't technically be deactivated, but the end result is the same - it stops picking up new people. And then you can come in and deactivate it whenever you want, but without a time factor.

Let me know what you think and if this will be a viable alternative. Thanks Matt and I hope you have a great evening!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base