Give Feedback

Additional Controls on Segment Logic

Currently a segment is one group of information. This has worked fine until recently. I now have similar data being imported into custom fields that needs to be specifically grouped in a single segment. We are collecting Vehicle data and need a way to split vehicle 1 from 2 but still group the same vehicles for targeting wether they are vehicle 1 or 2.

The rules allow contacts to be included into wrong segments under certain circumstances if I attempt to include more than one grouping of data. Normally this would be solved by creating another segment. In this case, the segments would be a duplication of an existing segment. Automation would then increase for every added group. This would get out of hand quickly.

I built a base segment and then edited it to create the other to illustrate a solution.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Richard Duvall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this idea - and for the mockup image! I was able to speak with the Segmentation Product Manager earlier today, and showed him your submission. We can definitely follow your logic and think there are a few ways we can help provide additional control over segment logic. I've created a ticket for the Segments team and will let you know as they are able to investigate further, or if any additional information is needed.

Thanks again Richard and don't hesitate to reach out if there was anything else you needed!
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base