Give Feedback

I suggest you create a function that allows the editing of the preheader text from the schedule delivery page

We are currently going into each header and copying a new version. It is very time consuming and old fashioned. Can we automate this process in the Schedule Delivery page?

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jennifer Chon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, this suggestion was first submitted in 2015 and still not implemented. Klaviyo, Emma, Zaius, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, and Marketing Cloud all have the ability to define the message preheader in a separate field outside of the message template similar to defining the subject line. Come on Bronto, catch up with the competition!

• Edwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also hope we can use preheaders. Include an option to change the color of the text so we can match the background?

• Raquel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand how this is not available yet. Even Emma has it, and they've been around for like only 2 years.

I just chatted about this with one of your agents and this BS excuse of "it's so easy to put it right into the HTML directly" simply doesn't fly.

Bad UX... bad bad bad.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you do build a preheader function in, please don't make it default as white text on white background. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest struggle coming from Salesforce Marketing Cloud. When we design responsive design, we have to give up space above the fold for this (I make mine the background color and as small as possible without padding and collapse boarders, but still give up too much space). Please reconsider adding this feature. Can we add as hidden text in the header markup?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What i did was just left aligned the pre-header in my HTML text and made the text color: #FFFFFF; to turn it white. If a consumer wants to copy and paste it and consider it an easter egg... then by all means! Enjoy your marketing promo pre-header ;)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates here? We don't use text in email (images only), so a separate preheader field is very important.

• Clemence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pre-header field below subject line field
    To be able to add a pre header to our email campaign easily

• Clemence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! We desperately need a pre header box to be added to the schedule delivery page.

When can this be implemented Bronto team? Thanks!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're really dropping the ball on this Bronto. Next to the subject line the preheader is the most important text in an email.

• Manne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today it's not possible to add any content above the header once it's selected. This affect the preview of all emails which is almost as important as the subject line. This pre-header section should be editable for each and every email.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Erin,

Thanks so much for submitting this suggestion. We actually have an existing ticket that I think would resolve your suggestion as well. I've linked it below and will be merging the two tickets. This will automatically copy over your comment and votes.

http://ideas.bronto.com/forums/74207-ideas-bronto-com/suggestions/11026632-i-suggest-you-create-a-function-that-allows-the-ed

As an aside, preheader text is supported in Bronto we just do not have a specific placeholder for one. Preheader text is simply the very very first line of text in your message. Take a look at the message and template examples at creative.bronto.com. You'll see that they all make use of a preheader, but in the template it's just the very first editable block. Per the conversation on the above ticket, we would like to find a way to make it easier to update this on a delivery-basis without having to edit the message itself, as that is an easy step to forget. As I receive more information from our Engineering teams I will keep that ticket updated, and you will automatically receive updates as it changes status.

Thanks Erin, and have a great evening!
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide a field where we can enter a preheader. Other email providers utilize this, as it is especially important for mobile users, and is shown to improve open rates. A preheader is the short summary text that follows the subject line when an email is viewed in the inbox. Many mobile, desktop and web email clients provide them to tip you off on what the email contains before you open it.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks so much for this suggestion! Updating a message's preheader text is certainly not a one-step task, and its a concern I've heard before. Now that our new drag-and-drop Message Editor is fully released, there may be a way that preheaders can be more easily identifiable and editable using a custom content element. I've created a ticket for our Engineering team and will review with the appropriate Product Manager. We've got some UI changes planned for next year, so now is the perfect time to have them consider new features like this. I don't have a specific timeframe, nor can I guarantee that this could be added to the scheduling pages, but as I receive more information from Engineering I will keep this request up to date.

Thanks again Jennifer, and don't hesitate to reach out if you needed anything else!
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base